Heres my dilemma:

last night I was at my sisters house, (and I knew all along I didnt like the name ciyanna (not for my daughter anyways) but I compromised with luis, and thats what he picked) but last night I really realized I didnt like it when I heard people saying it...

-his whole family wants her name to be ciyanna.
-my whole family wants her name to be malibu. (accept my mom)

-ciyanna is his familys style; expensive, strict, aggressive, hispanic (they use the name in spanish, and I dont speak that much spanish) and worst of all close minded (they see things there way, and only there way)

-my family is the total opposite, we more less are... Cheap, we like simple things, I can make anything I see in a store (without spending $100) just more like, accepting and free spirited... If that makes sence?

I know the decision comes down to me and luis, but what now? Who chooses? No ones changing there minds... :(:(:(:( I hate this!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 4th, 2005
You are bringing her into the world, you should decide, I think both names are cute but its your choice.
|

Extremely eHealthy
If you really don't like it, you guys are going to have to figure something else out. Maybe a totally diff name altogether. But, I think it's sweet that he picked the name. You know daddy's little girl. When she grows up you can tell her stories about how excited her daddy was and he picked her name and he loves her sooo much. It's a very pretty name. It's unique. And try not to think about what that name means to you, but how you think your daughter will be. She will have a soft, beautiful, sweet spirit. She may wear that name perfectly and change the way you think/feel about it. Sorry, i'm mushy like that.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
12at24 I think...

You took the words right out of my mouth, im thinking too much about what the name already means to me, and its a stuck up little brat, im trying to re-assure myself that when shes born, shell give it a new meaning, but everytime I hear it, it makes me cringe. Everytime someone asks what im naming her, I cant say it. I want to just say "luis, I have to go through the pain of having her, so im naming her" but shes just as much his as mine, thats why its so hard.
|

Experienced User
Michelle, I love the name malibu! And I love the name ciyanna, both are very pretty! The ultimate decision is up to you babe! How about malibu ciyanna or ciyanna malibu? Good luck to you hun! I will be going back up to prescott in a couple weeks, let you know for sure when- just because! We are the only pregnant teens in 90 miles! Haha
|

replied February 5th, 2005
Thanks guys.
|

Experienced User
Why not compromise make her first name malibu and middle ciyanna that way he still gets his name and yuo don't have to call her that but he still thinks he got the name he likes
|

Quote:
-my family is the total opposite, we more less are... Cheap, we like simple things, I can make anything I see in a store (without spending $100) just more like, accepting and free spirited... If that makes sence?

thats exactly how my family is. :d

please, please, don't pick that name for her if you don't like it! Thats what you're going to be calling her for the rest of your life, thats your babys name. You and luis get to pick, and screw what everyone else says. Its not their child, if they like the name so much they can name their kids that. Please talk with luis because I don't want you to be forced to have this name you don't like for your child.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Oh goll my bd's mom wanted a total indian name I mean like unpronouncable to the white population. My family didn't give two ****s what we named her. We compromised. Sunshine is the meaning of jim's birth (indian) name. How about something else hispanic? Theres sooo manyg ood ones!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Oh goll my bd's mom wanted a total indian name I mean like unpronouncable to the white population. My family didn't give two ****s what we named her. We compromised. Sunshine is the meaning of jim's birth (indian) name. How about something else hispanic? Theres sooo manyg ood ones!
|

See, everything I pick is "too white" for luis, but im white, I know shell be half mexican, but.... Uhhhh. I like sunshine, that was my very first name picked out before I was even pregnant. I wanted a "sunshine star" a "stormy sky" and a "rusty angel" im very imaginary... Too imagery (is that a word?) for luis, he'll like it if it sounds good, but I think a whole lot deeper into it, I can actually see it (thats why I like malibu so much) I dont know what ciyanna is... Alls I see is a big ugly slimy seaweed plant with lots of algae on it.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hey girl. Here are some mexican baby names I found. I'm sure you've done this search a million times. Just trying to help. :o)

adriana
aimara
alejandra
alicia
ana
anaclaudia
analeticia
angelica
aracely
aura
beatriz
berenice
bertha
cecilia
christina
cierra
crotilda
dominga
dora
elodia
elsa
elvia
encarnacion
erendira
esmeralda
eufemia
eva-yolanda
flaca
gabriela
geavonna
graciela
grizelda
guadalupe
guliana
hilda
inez
irma
ivonne
juana
juanita
katia
katiana
kristina
leahonia
leandra
leticia
lilia
liliana
manuela
maria
maricruz
marilu
marlina
martha
materia
michaela
michelle
miranda
myra
nailea
ofelia
olademis
pasha
patricia
pitina
placenta
rocio
rosa
rosamar
rosario
silvia
solymar
suzelly
thalia
viridiana
xenia
xochitl
yaneisy
yanely
yedid
yizel
yolanda-abigail
yvonne
zapopa
zumac
|

Have you figured out what you're going to do yet pink? I forget your name.. Sorry?
|

I actually havent done that search, theres alot of freaking names, some of them make me go "huh?" I seen manuela, maria, marilu, and I was like "comon' malibu!!" but there was none :(

kourt - michelle lol. Nope still dont know.
|

replied February 6th, 2005
Oh okay, michelle. I'll remember that. Lol. Hopefully. I meet so many new people online
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Grrr I dunno tough dilema

id pass on malibu hun... I have a feeling she may hate it when shes older
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...