Ok...I just turned 20w today and i've gained like 20lbs through out my pregnancy. I weighted 130 to begin with and im 5'7 so its not like I was overweight for my height. I gained 10lbs just last month and I have no idea how because I had the flu and I still throw up every once in awhile. I dont think my body handles pregnancy real well and im constantly hungry. If I dont eat when I feel hungry I throw up and I usually get the feeling about every other hour. Well my mother keeps telling that im not gonna lose all the weight and that im gonna be over 200lbs by the end of this pregnancy. I seriously just want to sit back and cry. During the winter im not at all active and ive always ate more during the winter. I keep tryin to tell everybody that ill lose it once the babys here because im actually determined to lose it. I dont want to keep it and I plan on getting my body back to the way it was before. During the summer I do more things. I go for walks all the time with my dogs and I dont have much of an appetite. Has anybody gained a lot of weight during pregnancy and then lost it all? People just keep telling me im not gonna lose the weight and then im gonna be unhappy about myself and its just really starting to piss me off. Anyways...If any of you have stories and experiences that you could share. Please do.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 4th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Hun~your gonna loose the weight.....Don't let people try to scare you into thinking your not going to!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I copied and pasted this from another post I wrote. Another girl said that she got stretch marks but had no problem getting totally back into shape so disregard that part. From my experience and many friends stretch marks usually indicate it will go back to more like 98% not 100%. That's not bad at all. There was more to this post you can go to it if you want. Also, you can take a swimming, yoga, or some kind of pre-natal class. Make sure when you're hungry you are eating things that are going to fill you up for a few hours. You're going to be fine babe. Take care.

Losing baby weight
posted: 02/03/05 0805am

------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------

i've been reading a lot of posts talking about losing the weight and some related topics, so I wanted to share my experiences. If you don't gain too much and don't get stretch marks, you will go back to very close to your pre-preg weight. No, there are no stretch mark creams that work. My friend gained almost 70 lbs (pre-preg weight like 110) and she got stretch marks. She is down to her pre-preg weight, but not tight b/c of the stretch marks. Her belly is a little, little jiggly. I have another friend who gained 60 lbs and didn't get stretch marks. She is still curvy (not all weight is gone) but her stomach is flat.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
My mom is the same way, shes always commenting on how big I am. When everyone dissagrees with her, she goes onto how much its gunna hurt me, and that im going to be screaming... Just like really bad horror storries. Ive learned to just block out all the negativity. Only I know what im capable of... And only you know your determination for weight loss. If you set your mind to it, you can do it. And even if you cant do it yourself there are plenty of things on the market to help you. Look at anna nicole (i love her) she started gaining all her weight when she had her son, and she got fairly big, it took her a while but she lost it, and look at her now. Shes beautiful!! (and she always was)

i think that every women is beautiful because she can give birth to a baby, and thats beauty in itself.
|

Experienced User
I got back down to my normal weight after my first baby. Then I got even smaller after my second baby. I think I was just so busy running around with both kids that I got into great shape! It isn't as bad as people try to make it seem.
|

Experienced User
With my daughter I gained 50 lbs and lost most of it. I'm only 5'2 before my duaghter I weighed about 100 lbs I didn't get down to my pre pregnancy size until I had a major accident and was on an all liquid diet for 6 months then I ended up pregnant with my son I was told not to gain anymore than 25 lbs because of my broken back I only have 14 days left and I now weigh 150 lbs i'm sceptical about losing all of the weight due to the fact I am not able to be active due to back pain but i'm sure you will just have to be determined. I don't do much physical things because I ride and race 4 fourwheelers however it does make you lose weight.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I am 26 wks and I have gained 23 lbs. Don't feel bad!! I don't!! It is what is best for ur baby!!
|

Experienced User
Im 5'2 pre preg weight 110lbs I gained 60lbs and now im at 130 and my son is 3 months I have terrible stretch marks from my breasts to my knees
|

Extremely eHealthy
Welll I got up to about 135. I'm now about 110. My pre preg was about 98-100. And most of that was the baby, and she was tiny!
|

replied February 5th, 2005
Worried!
Ok I am not a small girl to start with I and 5'5' and weigh over 200 lbs, alot of that being muscle, but I am concerned because I found out that I was pregnant and they weighted me and 1 week later at my next appointment I had lost 7 pounds. Someone told me that that was a sign or gestational diabetis. Does anyone know for sure or does that mean that there is something else going wrong that I need to know of.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Re: Worried!
newmommy2b wrote:
ok I am not a small girl to start with I and 5'5' and weigh over 200 lbs, alot of that being muscle, but I am concerned because I found out that I was pregnant and they weighted me and 1 week later at my next appointment I had lost 7 pounds. Someone told me that that was a sign or gestational diabetis. Does anyone know for sure or does that mean that there is something else going wrong that I need to know of.

no, it's very common to lose weight in the beginning of your preg. I did. It doesn't mean anything is wrong with you, and the baby's fine too. I didn't start gaining until maybe 6 months or so.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
You will all be fine! I have seen pregnant female that do not even show until about 5 to six months, we are all different, it is hormones and pregnancy. Noone is perfect. Heck, you think it is bad now, just wait until you reach your 40's and 50's, then you learn the meaning of gravity(lol, thank goodness I have a gym membership), just enjoy, life is too short to be unhappy. We will never be what we used to be. Enjoy your sleep now too.
The best to you all!
Sincerely,
sandy
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Ive gained sooooo much pregnancy weight too its very depressing but i'm here if you ever wanna talk and ive tried everything everything the doc has told me, eating only at certain times, certain foods, i've even been to a nutritionist...

I'll be your supporter after your baby!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...