My daughter is now 12 1/2 months old..She isn't walking yet....She likes to stand with help and walk with help...I was just wondering...For the mothers of babies who already walk...How old were they when they started walking on their own???....Also,i have another question...I was wondering how often should 12 month old have a bowel movement?? ,,thanx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 1st, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
My daughter was 13 months old!
|

replied February 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
My eldest was 13 months my youngest 8 months.......... Early is 7-8 months late but normal 18 months....... If she isn't walking by 18 months there is probably a problem......... Right now just let her go at her own pace and worry later......
"normal" bowel movement is one a day......... To be healthy we must all do it atleast once a day....... Any thing over is ok...... But if she isn't going atleast once a day increase the amount of fiber in her diet...... Remember white bread has little to no fiber
|

Active User, very eHealthy
My neice is 9 months, and shes already walking.
|

Like someone else said until she is 18 months old you shouldn't worry about her not walking. My dd's can go 2 days w/o a bowel movement and the doc said that is perfectly fine. Try giving her some apple jusice or diluted (add half water half juice) prune juice, that always helps my girls:)
|

Experienced User
Re
Kinzey started walking at 11 months. But like the others said unless she isn't walking by the time shes 18 months try not to worry to much. Maybe ask her pediatrician or something
|

My son was 11 months when he started walking on his own
|

Extremely eHealthy
My daughter was 15 mos. It was awesome!!! It's so much harder when they can get around like that. Lol
|

Experienced User
Thanx for the advice....It helped a lot..Now I won't have to worry abt her walking too late....
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...