User Profile
This is not the place to tell teenage (pregnant) girls that they will be crap mothers because they are young.

This is a teen pregnancy support forum and is to support those girls in the decisions they have already made, not for the older ladies to tell them they are stupid, bad mothers or anything else I have read recently.

If you can't be supportive then don't bother posting it. These girls deserve respect as people whatever their choices may be in life.

There is nothing to prove that young ladies are any worse at looking after and raising their kids than older ladies.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 1st, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Kia thank u!!! I agree totally.
|

Experienced User
Wahoo yay kia!Lol
|

Experienced User
Re: Teenage Mothers
kia_breizzze wrote:
this is not the place to tell teenage (pregnant) girls that they will be crap mothers because they are young.

This is a teen pregnancy support forum and is to support those girls in the decisions they have already made, not for the older ladies to tell them they are stupid, bad mothers or anything else I have read recently.

If you can't be supportive then don't bother posting it. These girls deserve respect as people whatever their choices may be in life.

There is nothing to prove that young ladies are any worse at looking after and raising their kids than older ladies.

actually teens in my opinion do better than a lot of older women....
|

Experienced User
You dont seem to be supporting that opinion in your posts.
|

Experienced User
I think it's got a lot more to do with maturity than with age. Sure, everyone can point to teens who aren't responsible enough to be good moms, but if they look around they'll also see a lot of moms who had kids in their 20's and aren't responsible moms either. And sure, I know it's going to be hard being a young mom, but I also know it's hard on anyone at any age. It's not like someone automatically becomes a perfect mom just cuz they turned 21 or 25 or any other age. I'm not kidding myself. I know i'm young and I know that when the end of may gets here and my baby boy gets here with it, my life's going to change a whole lot - more than I can really imagine right now - and there's lots of times I sit here staring down at my tummy with my baby boy kicking and it makes me wonder what i've got myself into. And I know what people think and say about girls like me becoming moms like this. But I also know that i'm going to try as hard as I can to be as responsible as I can, and not just to take good care of my baby boy but also to prove all those people wrong who think i'm going to be a rotten mom just cuz i'm not as old as they think I should be.

That's just my opinion.
|

Extremely eHealthy
We need to support people no matter what the age! Thank you!!
|

Experienced User
I agree w/ kia's post =)
|

replied February 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
Its not about age....... Its about the reason any woman falls pregnant...... Young or old you shouldn't get pregnant to have some one to love/ love you....... Prove a point or to hold on to a man......... You should have a baby for one reason only...... Because you feel ready to support nurture and love another person holy and unconditionally........ No one woman regardless of age/ maturity/ sexual preferance or finantual situation makes a better mother than any other......... What makes a good mum is her willingness to give herself wholy and unconditionally to her child.......
|

Experienced User
Most teen mothers work twice as hard to provide for their child or children. But there are plenty more then a handful of teens who could careless and spoil the hard work of others and ruin the reputation of teen mamas. Props to all the girls who provide, care, love and raise their babies.
|

Experienced User
I think that people just dont give teen moms a chance. I think because (in most istuations not all) the girl has lived under her parents roof and not really had any major responsibilites and therefor people dont think that its possible. Just my opinion and I agree with you alll, someone the same age as me could be a horrible mother just like someone whos 40 or the other wsay around, a great mother
|

Experienced User
Teen mothers don't get a fair chance to prove to the world that they good mothers. I personally think teen moms do better than older ones. They can also relate to the children better when they are older.
|

Experienced User
I know alot of teen mothers who is a better mother to their babies then my cousin and my brother's ex wife. My cousin left her kids with my aunt and uncle (the grandparents) so she can be with a man. So to me she choosed a man over her kids. And my cousin is 26 or 27 one. I don't keep up with her age. My brother's ex wife. Likes to stay in jail I think. Yes my brother gots coustdy of his kids. But over christmas when my niece and newphes was visiting their mom she got herself put in jail. Good thing that their other grandmother lived by. But in my opinion. There is alot of teens that are good parents.
|

Experienced User
One thing that I like is that im almost 18 and still love things like playgrounds (sounds really bad,....But they can be fun!) and tobagganing stuff like that and so by the time my son is old enough I will still like going out and "playing" which I tjhink is better for the child:)
|

replied June 21st, 2009
I Agree. Im Nearly 16 With A 3 Month Old Son. People, Strangers And People I Thought Were My Friends Have Made My Life Hard Since Becoming Pregnant With Jack. They Talked About Me Behind My Back And Looked Down Their Nose At Me. I Work Hard To Provide For My Son And Im Still In School To Get The Qualifications I Need To Give Jack The Life He Deserves.
|

User Profile
replied June 24th, 2009
Experienced User
i agree. im a pregnant teen myself =] but an opinion is an opinion i guess. im so excited though!!! =D
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...