Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

My Little Girl Has Bronchitis...

I know this is the pregnancy forum and I know most of you already have children. My question is my little girl has bronchitis. We found out on friday. She has been on amoxal and ventolin since. We are still able to give her cough medicine. But none of it seems to be working. The only thing that is gone is her fever. She is coughing so bad that she's been throwing up bile and she cries everytime because her chest hurts. The cough medicine is not working at all. Is this normal for bronchitis? The doctor said it was only in her left lung. I had it when I was younger but my mom couldnt remember. Should it be this bad? I know she's just been on medication for 2 1/2 days but shouldnt it get better and not worse? Can anybody help? We have a humidifier set up.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2005
Advanced Support Team
Awh hun im sorry it is always hard when your child is sick... My suggestion is to contact you doctor and let them know that the cough meds arent working for her and is there a prescrip. That he can call in for her. I know my doc. Tells me that the cold will get worse before it gets better. Also did they give her any albruterol to help with the flim. And opening her airway?? I would ask about that as well. If it is that bad and you feel like your doc hasnt done enough I would take her to the hosp. They have more resources there. Good luck hun. Oh yeah and try hot chocolate and stuff like that
|

Re: to Bronchitis
Sorry to hear about her being sick. My daughter has had bronchitis before but it never was that bad. Usually they would put her on amoxycillin or something like that and an inhaler and she would be better. I would take her to the er that way they can give her breathing treatments, which always seemed to help her alot within just a few min. Some of these doctors don't pay as much attention as they should in some cases. Good luck and I hope she feels better.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Aww, i'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. I don't have any experience with this yet. How old is she? Hope she is feeling better soon.
|

Re: My Little Girl Has Bronchitis...
Hello,

my daughter had the same problem as yours when she was younger. She used to cough so much that she will vomit and complained about chest pains.
The over the counter cough syrup didn't help much so the pediatrician prescribed her one (i don't remember the name of the syrup).

I will rub her throat, chest and back with some type of chinese ecalyptus/menthol oil or tiger balm (be careful though about how much of the oil or balm you use as it may be too strong for a very young child - check with your doctor before using it) and I also gave her plenty of lukewarm water to drink.

Hope your daughter gets better!
|
Must Read
Chronic and acute cases of bronchitis affect millions of Americans every year. But what is bronchitis? And how do types of bronchitis differ?...
Bronchitis can be caused by viruses, fungi or bacteria. But what are the most well known and frequent causes of bronchitis. More info here....
Acute bronchitis and chronic bronchitis manifest different symptoms. Learn to identify both types of bronchitis and when you should seek medical help....