Hi
i'm 16 and i've been having feelings for many years about how I should have been born male, by confiding in a friend i've admitted the fact to myself. I was wondering if there was any operations that could change me from female to male. I'd be grateful if someone replied.
Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 24th, 2005
Howdy squiggles,
i'm 18 and have felt the same way as you for all of my life.....
I feel that I have a male soul traped in a girls body, I would very much like to be a man for all sorts of reasons, but dont get me wrong I am 100% straight, I like men and so if I were to change into a man then would that make me gay?

Confusing .........Can anyone shed light on that?
|

replied July 12th, 2005
Well....It really doesn't matter in the end, you're attracted to who you're attracted to and shouldn't care about it...Buuut...Just because this sounds like fun i'm going to make an attempt.

Now, homosexual means(i think) that you're attracted to the same sex. Sex and gender are different, incase you don't already know. Sex is your bodies...Sex, while gender is who you identify as in your mind. So...

Male sex + male sex = homosexual
male gender/female sex + male sex = heterosexual
and vice versa for whatever combo you might think of.

Soo...In the end I suppose yes, you'd be homosexual. Not that that's a bad thing, I know of a guy who's totally confused on what he's attracted to. He thinks he's attracted to masculine things, but not attracted to men. He can be attracted to women, but finds the idea repulsive. Interesting huh? ^^ and off topic. *vanishes*
|

replied July 12th, 2005
Experienced User
Curiosity
Whilst in the medical library one day I found myself reading the surgical procedure for this...
With a man they remove the spongy tissue from the penis, make a hole, invert it like turning a glove inside out, and suspend it in his body, turning his testicles into labia...Implant artificial breasts, estrogen therapy

with a woman they have to build an artificial penis and testicles and it'd never have the sensitivity...Remove breast tissue, testosterone therapy

you are talking some serious disfigurement and pain and expense, many pts go to taiwan and such to afford it, quality is questionable

if you just take a bunch of testosterone, your breasts will go down, you can grow facial hair, your voice will lower, your clit will grow like a little penis, very little...And this will be permanent, if that is too much, then surgery will be waaay too much
have you ever thought you summarily wiped out all possibilities within another gender when they comprise 3 billion plus people on the planet and there's huge variations in how masculine a male can be or how masculine a female can be...
You could be the more masculine counterpart, the butch, in a lesbian relationship, at least you don't get cut up
|

replied July 14th, 2005
I doubt she's ever going to post here again, but just in her defense let me say she knows all that. I know what she's going through and believe me, anyone who seriously thinks about this knows the ups and downs.

And that wouldn't wipe out all possibilities with the other gender. You'd be surprised. -_-
|

replied March 13th, 2006
I'm a female to male transsexual and would like to make a few points.

First of all, yes gender and sexual orientation are different things. You can be transgender and gay. I am.

Second, a lot of what janeysuz said is inaccurate. Your breasts do not "go down" from taking testosterone. They can actually get bigger because it can make you put on fat. Also, there are new procedures now for phalloplasty (the artificial penis) that can leave you with some sensation. However, it is an expensive and dangerous procedure involving multiple surgeries, and there is an alternative. It's called metoidioplasty and is actually much more common these days. Actually, a lot of ftms don't have genital surgery at all because none of the procedures are perfect. A hysterectomy is not strictly necessary if you're not having genital surgery either, although most people still have it done.

Third, transsexual surgery does not result in "disfigurement." transsexuals view their original bodies as disfigured.

Finally, if a person is really transgender just being a butch in a lesbian relationship (for example) is usually not enough. There's a physical component too and so changing the body is required.

I would be happy to answer any questions anyone else has.
|

replied October 29th, 2009
Insurance for transgender people
I am trying to find someone that offers transgender people insurance. My new son-in-law and my daughter just got married and have their own business so they have to seek out their own insurance. Please help me asap!
|
Tags: female, male
Quick Reply