Hi everyone,
i've been reading through the posts trying to find something from anyone in a simialr situation to me and so far no luck so I thought I should just bit the bullet and ask the question. I'm a little afraid of the answers I may receive. My partner had a vasectomy reversed in sept. And the first test result two weeks after the op. Came back good. He has to go back for another in a couple of weeks so we'll find out for sure then *fingers crossed*.
But my main concern is that after his op I went to see an ob/gyn to get myself checked out just to make check if we were going to have any other obstacles and found out that I have ovarian cysts. She doctor said that although I have cysts my hormone levels suggest that I don't have pcos and they should take care of themselves in time and just to excersise plenty and lead a healthy lifestyle and hope for the best. She also gave me a prescription for clomid which I havn't had filled yet (waiting on partners final test results in case it's a waste of money).

My periods have been irregular lately because of the cysts and have not returned to normal in the couple of months since I went to the doctor and i've thought (hoped) I was pregnant a few times.I have been reading about clomid and found out that it can actually cause ovarian cysts. Why would you prescribe someone prone to cysts already, something that could ultimately cause more? I am living in a remote area and we don't have an ob/gyn in town. I would have to wait until I go out of town to go and see one.

Sorry about the ridiculously long post but I would love to hear about other peoples experiences/opinions on the situation.

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 31st, 2005
Hey..
Well, im 21 years old.. And when I was 12 and 13 my stomach hurt bad, and I finally found out it was because I had cysts.
The obgyn said they were minute, and would take care of themselves.. Like in your case. Well, she prescribed me meds, which I also did not fill, and then two years later I wound up in the hospital with horrid stomach pains..
One of my cysts had ruptured.
I am pretty much now working off of one ovary.. Which is probably why its so hard for me to get pregnant. Ive really never used protection of any kind, yet ive never got pregnant.

So, I really dont know what to say about the meds, but the best bet is to find another doctor, ask their opinion, and see if there is another pill, but with no side effects like that one.. That they can put you on. Cause trust me.. It is not fun knowing you may never be able to have children.. Or that you will just miscarry everytime.

Good luck dear.

<3
|

replied February 1st, 2005
Thanks for reply. I'll definitely be going to see someone new as soon as I can. I know how you feel about thinking that you'll never have kids. I worry about it every day. Not only because of my problems but becasue we still don't know if my partners op has worked properly. I'm so desperate for a baby though I just try not to think about it too much and hope we get lucky.
|

Experienced User
Well I don't know much about cysts but I can tell you that I know how it is to worry if you can have kids or not. I worry about everyday know that me and my hubsand is trying to have kids. I have always had problems with my periods and it has me worried that I can't have kids. But in your case I would go to a different doctor. I also am like you just try not to think about it too much and hope we get lucky. Good lucky to you.
|

It's sooooo hard not ot think about it though. I'm going through 'am I or are't i?' thing at the moment because and trying not to get my hopes up. Only because about 4 wks ago I got my period but it was light and pinkish in colour and only lasted for three days, then two wks later I got a period which seemed normal only my bbs are still tender. Normally they are tender for about a week before my period and then it goes away as soon as I get them.
Strange stuff. I should just take the plunge and go and buy a test but I think i'll wait a little longer. If they are still sore in another week I will have to take the plunge. I just don't want to be dissapointed yet again.
Iv'e only just joined a couple of forums and it feels better to know that there are so many other people who eel the same way I do. Not that I would wish it upon anyone else of course but you know what I mean.
|

replied May 7th, 2005
Does Anyone Know How Long It Takes to Get Pregnant ?
Ii am 23 years old .I have been having ear regular periods for about 5 years I would have one every six months I have been to several doctors and all they would do is a papa smear and tell me too come back my husband has been in the medical field all his life and the whole time we have been married he has told me to get blood work done so we went to the doctor on thursday and I found out I had overrun cysts and the are sceduling me for an ultra sound and the they are going to do the procuder where they scrape the overas to get it off we have been trying to have a baby for6 years and now after I have the surgery I will be able to have one .Does any one know how long it takes after you have the surgery you can get pregnant
|

replied December 3rd, 2005
Same Problem
Hi my name is rae and im 20 years old. My husband and I have been unsuccesfully trying to get pregnant for 2 years. Recently I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts, and my doctor gave me birth control pills to regulate my periods and pain. I took them for a month, but was trying to get pregnant so I just tossed that aside. Although we have enough money not to be eligible for government assistance, we currently cant afford health insurance. Should I go back to my obgyn? Or is there a specialized doctor I should see? My last period was october 10th, and it was just spotty. Im usually always a week late, so I was expecting my next period around november 18th, but its already december 2nd. I took a pregnancy test and it came up negative. Im worried that I just didnt ovulate at all, and I dont really know who to go to. If anyone could help me with this I would be very grateful.
|

replied January 15th, 2012
Cyst and Ovary Removal
Hello Everyone!!
well last year in May/2011 I had a cyst that cause great damage to my left ovary which had to be removed. Dut to my two previous miscarriages before the surgery, I'm very afraid that I will not be able to conceieve and/or it'll take a long time!
Anyone have any advice?!
|

replied January 16th, 2012
Hey .. Well I don't know about the cysts thing .. I always have bad pains but the drs never find anything except a bladder infection . My boyfriend and I have been trying to get pregnant for 8 months..which seems like no time but something is wrong it sshouldnt take this long . I have a feeling I can't have babys and am makeing an appt with my dr today to find out what is going on..as this is all going on my boyfriends brother and gf just announced yesterday that they are pregnant ! Trying to be excited but that sent me over the edge I am so depressed why can it happen to some people just like that and then others it just doesn't . Why can't I be as happy as others . Sorry just needed to get that out
|
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....