Hi I am really worried, my husband was taken ill on the 11th of July. He hadn't been feeling a 100% as he was feeling tired and had very little appetite. He works as a HGV and he was doing a delivery when he suddenly felt very dizzy. The next thing he woke up in casulty and about 10minutes later had quiet a severe seizure or Rigor as they doctor referred to it. He has had MRI and CAT Scans and they have all come back clear. The doctor has now let him home but has referred him to a neurologist. Needless to say there is a long waiting list. He's not allowed drive, swim use a computer etc. The doctor has said its not eplipsey but that he is very concerned about him. He is not eating and is suffering severe headaches. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before. He has suffered nerve damage on his left side and has reduced use - to be honest he looks like he has had a stroke. Can anyone advise me??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 30th, 2003
Experienced User
Here's a suggestion
Have you heard the term electroencephalography (EEG)? An electroencephalograph is an instrument that shows a record of the electrical activity of the brain. By attaching electrodes to the scalp, a graphic record of brain waves are recorded and analyzed.

By this method, Doctors can identify just what exactly is triggering seizures, whether if it is epilepsy or some other neurological disorder.

If your husband's seizures are paroxysmal (nonepileptic), the EEG will pinpoint the actual existing problem.

I am studying neurology and in it I have learned much about EEG and the results thereof. I'd ask your doctor about this method.

Patrick
|

replied July 31st, 2003
Thanks for that Patrick,

We are have received confirmation of an appointment for this EEG for the 16/10/2003. I really do hope it provides us with some answers because at his stage with the waiting and the not knowing what to think its becoming very difficult.
|

replied January 15th, 2004
My Sister Same Thing
I hope you are still checking this post. My sister just has went into the hospital they admitted her into icu. Her first symptoms flu like then she started to go numb on right side leg and arm. She fell a few times. When she went into the er she suffered a severe seisure. Now in icu they did eeg ekg now mri nothing yet she had 2 units of blood yesterday, she is bleeding somewhere and they cant figure where. Have you and your husband got any answers yet.

Thank you
valareie
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Arvind Malhotra
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....