Ok, so I was sat in my chair (no knickers on- im still in my nighty), and I stood up, coz I felt liek a pushing out pain... And on the chair is a lump of what looks like jelly???

Its about the size of a bean, and its sticky, opaque/ clear slighty yellowy colour.

What is it? Or what could it be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 28th, 2005
Community Volunteer
I'm not sure what the mucus plug is suppose to look like so.....
|

Experienced User
No nor am i. Im not sure whether I should be worrying about this... Or just taking it as another weird "pregnancy" thing.

Ive been feeling really err wet down below the last few days. I wouldnt say its my waters. I forgot too ask the midwife today about it - im so forgetful latley.

I still have 4 weeks and 5 days to go. And the midwife scared me by saying she wouldnt be suprised if I go into labour at anytime.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
max_mummy too be wrote:
no nor am i. Im not sure whether I should be worrying about this... Or just taking it as another weird "pregnancy" thing.

Ive been feeling really err wet down below the last few days. I wouldnt say its my waters. I forgot too ask the midwife today about it - im so forgetful latley.

I still have 4 weeks and 5 days to go. And the midwife scared me by saying she wouldnt be suprised if I go into labour at anytime.

it's possible. Especially since I know you've been stressing over certain things lately. Where's one of the people who've already gone through this when you need them.
|

Experienced User
Im thinking about phoning the labour ward. But if I say, I feel wet, and im loosing a jelly like substance, they gonna want me to go in so they can check if my waters are intact.
I dont feel liek spending a night in the hospital if thers nothign wrong with me. I feel guilty for wasting the doctors time.

But if my waters really are leaking, I need to get it checked dont i?

Argh being pregnant is too complicated.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I guess the best bet would be to call or is there someone else you can call to ask. What about the fam member you're staying with...
|

Extremely eHealthy
If your water is leaking you could wait until tomorrow. As long as you don't lose all of it. You could call in the morning. It sounds like it was just some discharge. May have been some of the mucus plug. You could lose it now and not go into labor for a few weeks.
|

Experienced User
I asked my nan about the jelly like stuff, and she has no idea what it could be.
I wrapped the jelly stuff in a tissue, so I can show the doctor if I go into hospital.
I could phone garrys mum and ask her, but then I know she will want me to go into the hospital. She's been worrying about me alot the last few days.

I cant find anything on the net about jelly stuff.. Though im not sure what it is exactly im asking the search engeine for.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hey I posted, but I don't think you saw it b/c you posted at the same time. Hope the my other post helps.
|

Experienced User
l2at24 wrote:
hey I posted, but I don't think you saw it b/c you posted at the same time. Hope the my other post helps.

yeh, thnx I did see it. Im just so worried that somethings not right now. And no one can tell me if it is right or not...

And im so worried of worrying to much, and going into hospital, and there being nothing wrong.

My heads so screwy
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
I think you should go to the doctors/hospital and get checked out. Loosing your mucus plug looks like a bunch of snot to be exact not jelly. Is there any blood accompanied with it or in it, and put it in a plastic bag just to keep stuff from getting on whatever it is. I think you should go get checked out just to be safe than sorry. Im sorry but I would.. Your not waisting anyones time that is what they are there for they choose this profession because they enjoy it. Good luck hun and k.I.T
|

Experienced User
I have never been pregnant but I hoping to be soon. But I have been around alot of people who has been pregnant sents I was 13 years old and I am now 24. You should go to the doctor. You won't be wasting nobodies time. It maybe that your body is getting itself ready for labor.
|

Experienced User
Hello, im back from the hospital.

They said it sounded liek I was in labour, but the moniter didnt detect any contractions.
My baby, well shes really healthy, so thats good.
They said im probally in early stages of labour, but I probaly wont go into "real" labour for another couple of days, or even a few weeks.

My midwife said I can be assest for inducment, if I get to 38 weeks, and am still in alot of pain.

Hopefully I wont have to wait another 3 weeks though.
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Its probably your mucus plug hun... Some woman loose it in portions :)
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...