Hi girls, well.. I'm 6w 3d preggo and this is my first pregnancy. I was just in the washroom and had brown discharge on the tp when I wiped (tmi sorry) i'm having a little bit of cramping but it's not painful at all. I've had cramping on and off since 5dpo. Should I be worried? Help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Tracy hunni, the brown spotting should be ok, but if ur worried, get vic to take u to the clinic or something. U said the cramps weren't too bad, so i'm sure everything is ok. Remember hun, don't stress about it, u'll be fine. *hugs* luv ya, good luck. Talk to you soon
|

Experienced User
If its brown, its likley to be old blood, probally a little left over from your last period.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I had this same thing happen to me around 6 weeks.....I had really bad cramps off and on and one time when I went to the bathroon, there was a litle bit of brownish blood when I wiped......It never happended again after that, so I really didn't worry....I think it's normal!!
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
It can be normal as long as it isnt bright red color you are okay. Brown blood is called old blood atleast that is what my doc. Told me. If you have real bad cramps that you can not tolerate them call you doc. Or go get checked out just to be safe than sorry...
|

Experienced User
Thanks for the reassurance girls :) there's still a tinge of brown but it's gone back to mostly the way it was before so i'm feeling much better. Hope everyone's having a good day
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Borwn discharge or blood? Discharge is okay
|

replied March 11th, 2005
I am 6 weeks and 2days, and I have had the same today. I do not have any other pregnancy symtoms other than sore boobs and being tiered and indigestion all the time. I am a little worried, this is my first pregnancy also, what happened to you are u ok ?
|

User Profile
replied March 11th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
She's now 12 weeks 4 days I believe and seemingly doing well. I don't think she comes on here anymore though, but I could be wrong.... Sorry if u do tracy. Lol I just answered for u. Lol
|

replied March 11th, 2005
Experienced User
Brown discharge is normal as long as its not continuing with bad cramping on one side or both sides of your stomache.. I had that same thing at around 6 weeks... Now im 5 months.. Just relax. If you still worried call ur doctor... Good luck
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...