Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Another Question About Weight Gain And Loss

So here's the deal, i've been on othro tri cyclen for 5 years now and have constantly gained 5lbs each year. I wasn't small to begin with so this added weight has not been pleasant. I've gone from 155lbs to 180lbs. I recently linked this gain to my bc pill since all other aspects of my life have either stayed the same or improved. For example I exercise more and eat healthier, yet I still gain weight. So I have decided to switch pills but I don't know which one to go to. I'm not looking for a miracle weight loss pill, I just want one that won't add more weight. So if ya'll could just take a minute to reply and tell me which pill has made you gain weight and which didn't it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. S
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
It's different for everyone. I was on the pill for 3 months (and a diff brand each month!) and gained 10lbs.. When I got off the pill I lost the weight in like a day. So you just have to try different brands to find out which is best for you cause it will be different to other people's experiences!
|

replied January 23rd, 2005
Weight
Try demulin 1/35. My doctor and surgeon suggested it. It is suppost to be one of the best birth-control pills for weight and side effects.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...