If you have acne try this, works on adults as well as teenagers.

When I was younger 15-18 I had bad acne, I used everything like most of you. Some of the stuff from the dermatoligist worked for a while but was expensive and if your young hard to get on your own. Parents sometimes really dont understand how you feel well at least mine didn't but that I discuss on an abused childhood message board. Anyway I tried it all and all the the soaps with antibacteria labels, oxygels (i have never heard or seen any of my friends faces clear up with benz pirox) acne washes suck, clean and clear sucks, neutrogena sucks, clearasil etc. Have you ever noticed that all these products make your skin worse ? I mean come on give us something that really works, well all these products messed my face up and had me sold on the idea that I had to wash my face to death killing my skin.

This is what I started doing with a little advise from friends.

Step 1 : wash your face with out soap just use warm/hot water, splashing the water on your face as if you were washing away soap do not wipe your face with water, splash it 6-7 times. When you take a shower wash your face last with warm/ hot water no soaps (splashing your face not wiping) 6-7 times.

If your a guy and you get razor bumps while you shave make sure the water is room temp or luke warm never use hot water or cold water and shave dragging the razor down your face never up use noxzema as a shaving cream, the cure for razor bumps very simple.

After you wash your face with water only grab a towel and pat it dry do not wipe your face dry ever, very very important.

Step 2 : every day make it a frikken obsession to do this take 8,000 i.U. Of vitamin a (must be with beta carotene) everyday you can get this at a super market, drug store cvs were ever.

Do this for 2 weeks

i promise you will see a huge difference.

Step 3: after 2 weeks along with step 2 start using noxzema twice a day when ever you wish to just make sure your washings are separated 4 hours away from each other. Noxzema does not dry your skin. If you start to get pimples from using noxzima don't use it. Noxzema is also a cleanser like all cleanser and has chemicals. The key is to find the cleanser that does not irritate your skin, and i'm not talking about cetaphil, i'm talking about you doing the research and finding out witch cleanser is best for you by trial and error.

Ive had lots of friends that have acne and have cleared their skin with this method. Am I selling anything ? So get started doing it. You will see results in a week or maybe a day.

Follow each step to a t.

Wiping your face with a towel is no good for your skin pat it dry only.
Vitamin a with beta carotene is awsome, amazing how well it works to clear skin.
And just about all cleansers and chemicals are bad for our skin.

Peace 8)
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper GeorgieRed
|

replied February 5th, 2005
Re: If You Have Acne Try This
Hey, thats sounds interesting! I think i'm going to try it! I don't have bad acne, but I do get some now and then and I absolutely hate it! They bug me so bad, and you don't want to put cover up on it cuz you want it to get better, but you cant help it because it looks bad! But anyways, I think i'm going to try this new thing out. I also heard abotu toothpaste? Do you know anything about that? Supposedly you put it on your pimples and its supposed to make them go away? Do you think this is true? Well anyways, thanks for that tip! I'll let you know if it works!!

Kt
|

replied February 6th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Noxema is horrible for your skin! Absolutely horrible. What noxema does is clog your pores. It clogs them to the point where zits don't break through as easily because your pores are so very badly clogged. Will it help with acne? Sure, if you want your pores clogged with dirt, oil and noxema. When you quit using it and pores actually start to clean out you will have massive breakouts. Noxema is good for sunburn though, that is about it.

If you have very sensitive skin and cannot wash your face with soap, then go ahead and wash it without. Yes, you should never wipe your face, but if you can handle soap then it is much better to wash your face with soap because this will actually clean out your pores. If you use an antibacterial soap such as dial (this is what I use) it cleans your pores, cuts grease and really helps in the fight against acne.
I am not trying to be rude to the original poster in this thread. You are right that people with very, very sensitive skin do better without the use of soap, and you were right about the splashing, and not using washcloths on your face. But if you can use some kind of antibacterial soap this is best. Also, when washing your face you start with warm water as this opens your pores, and when you are ready to rinse, whether or not you use soap, you are suppose to use cold water as this closes your clean pores back up.
Good luck to everyone.
|

replied February 19th, 2005
hotasfrick wrote:
noxema is horrible for your skin! Absolutely horrible. What noxema does is clog your pores. It clogs them to the point where zits don't break through as easily because your pores are so very badly clogged. Will it help with acne? Sure, if you want your pores clogged with dirt, oil and noxema. When you quit using it and pores actually start to clean out you will have massive breakouts. Noxema is good for sunburn though, that is about it.

If you have very sensitive skin and cannot wash your face with soap, then go ahead and wash it without. Yes, you should never wipe your face, but if you can handle soap then it is much better to wash your face with soap because this will actually clean out your pores. If you use an antibacterial soap such as dial (this is what I use) it cleans your pores, cuts grease and really helps in the fight against acne.

I am not trying to be rude to the original poster in this thread. You are right that people with very, very sensitive skin do better without the use of soap, and you were right about the splashing, and not using washcloths on your face. But if you can use some kind of antibacterial soap this is best. Also, when washing your face you start with warm water as this opens your pores, and when you are ready to rinse, whether or not you use soap, you are suppose to use cold water as this closes your clean pores back up.

Good luck to everyone.

what about spectrogel? I use that, is it the same as dial?
|

replied November 17th, 2005
You have to be careful how much vitamin a you put in your body. Too much vitamin a can make you real sick. So you should find out how much is ok to take before you take it.
|

replied December 9th, 2005
Also..
The water in the shower is a problem it's loaded with chlorine. I purchased a pi-water shower filter which gives you the cleanest water possible for your skin and filters out the chlorine. It worked for dry skin and red bumps on my body as well.
|

replied December 31st, 2005
I had a long haul battle with acne when I was younger. The thing that I never figured out was what caused my acne. The answer I am telling you now is "detergent residue" in your pajamas, pillow cases, bed blankets, sheets and anything else your skin touches.

When I started to wash all my clothes and everything that my skin came in contact with natural ingredients.... Like baking soda, my skin became literally perfect.

I will warn you that if you start now with a chemical free attempt, it may take you up to 8 weeks before you get perfect skin. Noxema and every other chemical product is a joke. If it worked there wouldn't be this many people in the skin forum.

I am speaking now with perfect skin, and I have an extremely greasy diet. Pizza, cheeseburgers and fry food all year round. Baking soda, new clothes, bedsheets etc is the answer.
|

replied January 3rd, 2006
Anyone Tried Abloyren's Method?
So have anyone tried abloyren's method? I want to know if anyone in forum have tried it and see good results.

Thanks
|

replied January 8th, 2006
The only gentle not natural cleanser I highly recommend is "cetaphil" or the cvs generic brand of cetaphil which is like $7.

I just want you to know there has never been a true study conducted to see how much chocolate and greasy food a person has to consume before a sign of acne. It is bull. I have researched the hell out of this subject, and concluded 2 things.

1. Most dermatologist should be fired.

2. No food to acne study ever made any sense.
|

replied January 21st, 2006
Experienced User
In my research into different ways of getting swollen lymph nodes to reduce in size, I came across colloidal silver, and its use in a whole range of different ailments that involve viral, bacterial, and/or fungal infections.

No, i'm not saying colloidal silver works for swollen lymph nodes. I haven't come across anywhere that has suggested that. I'm just saying I came across cs (colloidal silver) in my research, and decided to read more on this interesting product.

Apparently, people afflicted with acne, apply colloidal silver (available at healthfood stores) with a cotton ball to the affected areas, night and day (letting it air dry on their skin), and their skin cleared up, or improved significantly.

This information would have come in very handy for me, 10 years ago, when I was right in the thick of a (mostly) losing battle with relentless acne on my face, together with extremely oily skin.

You can also drink colloidal silver, to work on you from within, but make sure you drink plenty of water, to get rid of all the toxins (bacteria etc) cs will kill.

Cs is a natural antibiotic, so if you don't flush out your system, you will experience a temporary worsening of your symptoms, as your body struggles to keep up with the rate at which cs is killing bacteria etc.

Interestingly, cs does not affect the good bacteria in your stomach, so none of the problem associated with that, like ibs (irritable bowel syndrome).

Thus, your system will try to use the skin to get rid of some of the toxic load, meaning an increase in acne severity. So drink up (8-10 cups day minimum)!

And no soft drinks, they don't count. Only water (filtered or bottled). Herbal teas are acceptable (with no sugar or honey in it). You could give it a try!

Good luck with it!
|

replied May 11th, 2006
Proactiv
Has anyone ever tried proactiv? I've been using it for 3 months and had really bad skin (under my skin zits and above) anyways it works awesome my face is almost 100% clear I still have the pimple onc in a blue moon when i'm stressed but it will usually only last 1 day and then its gone. Also when you get proactiv the mask that you use once in a while can double as a spot treatment at the beginning and all you have to do is put some on your face after you have washed it and sleep with it on and by mornin no zit! Its amazing anyways I know proactiv is expensive, but if it works I think its worth every penny!
|

replied May 30th, 2006
Experienced User
Plz Read
I get really bad acne when ever I take a bath, I quit taking baths to see if that would work but it did not. I get these bumps on my shoulders only, (on the back of my shoulders) would this same method work on my shoulders???
|

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2006
Experienced User
I highly doubt that method works..

Splashing water on my face doesn't sound like a lot of help.
|

replied March 22nd, 2009
Ok
dude...r u sure that works.....hot water will help u , but no soap..what???
|

replied September 14th, 2012
IT WORKED FOR ME!
I actually have very sensitive skin and my routine is quit similar. I actually run my face under steaming hot water for a good 3 minutes, then I get a wash cloth and run it under the water. After that I concentrate on the inflamed area and press it there. I believe It helps bring the nasty stuff to the top. To finish my routine off I let cold water run on my face, then I dab my face with a towel and DONE! best believe it worked for me...
|

replied September 20th, 2012
Has anyone here tried Aknicare?
|

replied November 1st, 2012
Yes I have used Aknicare, it is an amazing product and definitely worth a try! Everything it claims to do, it has done with my skin! Wonderful product and really helpful staff Smile
|
Users who thank GeorgieRed for this post: LivvvT 

replied November 12th, 2012
Thank you GeorgieRed! I will be sure to give this a try, I've come across some great reviews and the fact that you can get it on prescription also fills me with hope Smile
|

replied November 12th, 2012
Thank you GeorgieRed! I will be sure to give this a try, I've come across some great reviews and the fact that you can get it on prescription also fills me with hope Smile
|

replied February 15th, 2014
All products mentioned are great.its just that it works on some skin type and not all skin types
|

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2014
Experienced User
Im 33 and have horrible acne because of my job.We have to wear crappy polyester uniforms and i work in lots of microbial dust.It clogs the pores on your whole body horribly.Then after work i shower there in the "city water" which horribly trashes my skin.I have to use lots of soap to get the stains off my skin.I cant seem to use any lotions because it just clogs my pores more.It sucks.My doctor has me on some antibacterial pills that "might" help,since I cant afford those other pills that cost $6 a day.
|
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....