I am new to this forum, and really need some advice. At the end of last month, I went to the doctor after I had treated a boil at home and it had drained and was closed up, but I had 3 more come up as it was healing. (bottom part of buttock and top of thigh connecting to buttock). She said I had a staph infection and told me to continue with the draw out salve, hot compresses, and gave me avelox to take. I was able to tolerate it for 3 days, then had to switch to keflex. Everything cleared up fine within a week. One other one had gotten pretty big, about the size of a nickel, and hurt really bad. It was larger that the first one I had gotten. She didn't have to lance it when I went back to see her 5 days later, as it had started draining on its own. Well, last week, I got another little red bump close to where the first one was. I put some salve on it, and it went away in 2 days. As that was going away, another one came up a little higher above where the first one I got last month was at. It's red and tender, but doesn't have the purplish look that the boils had before. I don't know if it's a boil, heat bump, or pimple. I am putting the salve and hot compresses on it. I'm really concerned about these, and wonder if I still have a staph infection? I never had a fever when she said I had the last one, and did not feel sick. She said my throat was a little red, but she said she couldn't say it was 100% from the staph infection, as my allergies were acting up really bad. They started bothering me this past weekend when a cold front came through, so I don't know if my stuffy nose and itchy throat are just my allergies (they usually feel like this) or from the new bump. ???? I just need some advice on what to do. I don't feel like I need to go to the doctor, but then I get worried that maybe I still have staph, and will get really really sick. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you. Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 23rd, 2003
Boils
Well I feel bad for you and also I know what you are going through. I had the same thing in may-october.I had them all over and very painful.I had them in my vaginal area,on my upper rt thigh,stomach, buttocks.I was a mess.I went to the emergancy room and they though it was a spider bite and gave me tetnas shot.Dr. Removed the one on my stomach cause that one got infected badly.She gave me teracycline.Well enough of me.Well if you still have them or get them in the near future try putting honey and warm compresses.That worked for me and the pain went away.Dr. Also said it is due to stress, which I was going threw alot at the time.Plus I work at a day care center.That didn't help much.I was out of work awhile.Too much pain.Well I your done with them. God bless.........Letterz Laughing
|

replied December 9th, 2003
Boil
Well, I know what your going through as well. I had to deal with boils earlier this year. It is a staph infection, bacteria. I used the sap from aloe vera leaves, and it worked for me. The weird thing that seems common is that you seem to get about 8-10 of them and then they go away. I was dealing with stress and health issues, such as a bad diet, lack of exercise, and a weakened immune system due to my diet.

Anyways, the aloe vera worked fine for me. The doctor's prescribed antibiotics did not work. I am curious about this honey hot compress and when it should be used. Though mine has drained, it did leave a big crater, which I was dreading. Not only do you have the pain of the boil, but the scars are just as bad. They can be long lasting, and leave big craters behind depending on the size of the boil and how infected it gets.
|

replied December 10th, 2003
Could Be Hs...
Www.Hs-usa.Org

this could be the skin disease hidradenitis suppurativa. I have it and have all of these problems constantly... Would be well worth it for you guys to check it out... There arent any really good treatments for hs... But at least you would know you arent alone!

Also, the earlier you catch hs, the better your chances are to treat it and not let it get any worse...

I would recommend seeing a dermatologist... I had hs since I was a kid (9 or 10 years old - sporadically) but wasnt diagnosed until the age of 18. I had seen pcp's and gp's and was told everything from "infected layer of skin", "staph infection", and "bad hygiene" ... I finally saw a derm. And right away was diagnosed correctly... After almost 10 years - thats ridiculous! I still occasionally have to quickly update pcp's about hs as they had forgotten the info!

Well... Thats about it...
Shychica
|

replied June 13th, 2009
Painful Boil/Staph Infection
I feel your pain. Currently I have one on my hip which I think was caused from stress and the area has alot of friction burn due to its exactly were the wire of my bra meets my skin. Early last year, my doctor told me not to shave my legs in the bathtub since you are sitting in bacteria filled water, which I was doing. Once I started doing that again, the boil came back in a different spot. Only seeming to be more painful everytime. Good luck, what I am doing is trying to drain it a bit each night then cleaning it with Poroxyde and then placing Fucidin Cream (strictly for lessions) on it and covering it with a bandage. Seems to be working since it burst this morning and all the pus came out of it.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....