Hey guys, sorry I have not been on in a few days but it has been really hectic. I got the pathology report back and it is cervial cancer. I have choosen to take no medical action until I deliver my baby in june. The doc says that it looks like it will be slow growning so hopefully it wont spread to my uterus. In june after I have the baby I will have to have surgeury(i cant spell) to remove the cancerous tissues off of my cervix. If I wait until june I may loose my whole cervix. I pray that it does not spread to my uterus because that is something I will not look forward to loosing, but I look at it this way. My baby is completley healthy and my baby needs a mommy, so I am willing to do whatever it takes to put me into remmission. My health is not to good right now but all I can think about it my baby, I pray my baby makes it into the world safley and I pray that she/he does so healthy. That is my only wish.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 18th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Omg im so sorry! You and your baby will be in our prayers! I dont know what else to say :shock:
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hnag in there. A positive thing is that such cancers are quite slowgrowing. If you had a papsmear within the last year, then we know that it isn't that advanced (a good reason why any woman of childbearing age should have papsmears every year).

And while there certainly is a risk to the cervix, it likely is not a worst-case scenario if these cells are arelatively new occurance. Many, if not most women, manage to get through this without to much permanent problem, and even if the cervix is moderately weakened, that doesn't stop you from future pregnancies.

So don't worry to much about it. If you pretend that everything will be just fine by waiting till june, you will most likely be right.
|

Experienced User
Hang in there, my sister went through the same thing, and she is still able to have more children. Keep us posted!
|

replied January 19th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Yes, my girlfriend had cervical cancer and had two babies after she was all fixed. :o) keep your positive attitude girl.

Lana
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
Everything will be fine hun. Just remember the man above is not going to give you anything that you can not bare or handle. You are in our prayers and trust me after my experience prayers do help esp. If they are strong. Just try to think positive about it and everything will go okay. If they think that you are in to much danger they will probally deliver the baby early which will be okay as well. I have seen a baby born at 20 weeks make it. So I know your doctors have everything under control. My son was born at 29 wks and he is perfectly normal. Good luck hun and god bless
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Good luck with everything jen.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...