Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Finger Tip Numbness Followed By Flaky, Peeling Skin

Has anyone had the following problem:

right hand (or left hand): finger tip (the entire end section of the finger) becomes numb. However, you still have feeling in it. The general feeling can best be described like the sensation you get when your finger gets a coating of elmer's glue on it. And when you bend it, it feels stiff.

Then tingling sets in.

And then a few days to a week later, the skin begins peeling off. First in small amounts and then all at once. A few days later, your finger looks just like new.

Several months go by and then the cycle starts all over. Only this time on a different finger...Same hand.

Please respond with similar occurences and solutions or diagnosis!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 16th, 2009
This is exactly what I am experiencing and have been for several years. My entire palm and fingers of both hands are having this issue right now and it seems to go along with my neck and chest rash. I have also had scalp itching in the past which seems to be very associated. I have tried everything under the sun. I try now to keep things moisturized at all times and use no chemicals or harsh soaps. I feel for you! It's a bummer!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....