Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Attempted to Skip Period

Being that my period was going to fall between christmas and new years, I decided to try to skip having it altogether. I went straight from the active pills in one pack to the active pills of the next pack. Right around new years I started spotting and its gradually gotten heavier and heavier. Its not super heavy - its just about to what a normal period would be now but its been two weeks and i've been on active pills the whole time. I finish up this pack on saturday and should be starting my "real" period around tuesday of next week. Am I ever going to get a break? I understand that i've messed up my system but by next weekend i'll have been on my period for three weeks. Anyone else run into this? I feel like i'm being punished for trying to cheat. My plan totally backfired.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 24th, 2005
Yeahh the same thing is happening to me right now. I went from the active pills of one pack to the active pills of another, not even like thinking, I seriously didn't mean to. But anyways, I didn't get my period the week that I should have b/c I skipped it. Now, I just finished my second week on a new pack of pills, so like the week after I was supposed to get my period and my boobs have been sore and i've been feeling a little crampy and im kinda on my period. Like, it's not heavy at all and not to sound gross but it's really dark and it's freaking me out. Soo let me know if you're having anything like this or if you've figured anything out.
|

replied January 24th, 2005
Experienced User
It finally stopped! I was ok the first week I started the second pack but after that it came and just wouldn't stop. I finished out the last two weeks of the second pack and then had my off week and finally on friday of my off week it stopped for good. I was on the verge of going crazy because I couldn't stand it anymore. Three weeks of no sex and constant period were hard to take. I've definitely learned my lesson. I'm not cheating again.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...