What happens if you've had a yest infection for a long time? Like I mean a year. Does it get worse? Does it ever go away by itself?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 24th, 2005
If you have or had a yeast infection for over a year than it's only gonna get worst and it does not go away by itself(don't we all wish). You should try going to the doctor so he can give you something or you can buy something over the counter..It would be better to see a doctor because he/she can tell how bad it is and how high of a dosage you need to take care of the problem.

Good luck and don't take to long to do something about it
|

replied January 26th, 2005
Thanx! :d
|

replied March 22nd, 2005
My best friend is super prone to yeast infections. She says she can tell now when one is starting, a little discomfort and itch. She says when she notices that, she cuts out every grain of sugar in her diet for a week, and cuts out all breads as well.

She eats at least 1 small yogurt a day, and that it never really gets a chance to start up fully with doing that.

Anyways... Just thought id share for any future referrence.

Sonyalee
|

replied March 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
If you've had a yeast infection for a year you should really see a doctor or pharmacist, sometimes something as simple as wearing cotton under wear and clothes that aren't too tight can ease the problem but if you've had it this long you probably need some cream or tablets to get rid of it and then you can take precautions to stop it from coming back, yeast infections are really easy to solve and no one should have to put up with it. Hope you get sorted soon
|

replied March 24th, 2005
Experienced User
If you've had it for that long then there is something deeper probably causing it other than hygene. Regular birth control (with higher estrogen) can cause constant yeast infections (i had one for almost 2 years and nothing could cure it!). The only way I got rid of it was to go on the depo shot which has no estrogen. If you are not on bcps, then it could be your diet if you take in a large amount of sugar, or even a hormone imbalance. It can go away though, and doesn't cause any long-term harm other than long-term annoyance :wink:
|
Tags: infection
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...