Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Fainting From Fever

My mom is really sick and told me that she had felt like her body was 3000 degrees from the inside out and then fell to her knees and could not move for about 5min. Her doctor wouldn't really discuss it with her because she was really scared about it. What could have caused this? She has broncitus and has been really ill for 4 days and is not getting better. Has meds. And is hoping for some relief in the next couple of days. Please help me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2018
Welcome to e health forum.

Any medical condition cannot be diagnosed without a complete physical examination.

The symptoms that you have been enduring, could be due to -

1. Dehydration or electrolyte imbalance

2. Arrhythmic conditions or related cardiovascular disease - related to your Low blood pressure.

3. Anemia - which as per your history, you already have, and this needs to be treated properly to relieve your symptoms.

4. Benign Positional vertigo,

5. Peripheral neuropathy or Dysequilibrium (sensation of imbalance while walking) - due to infections of the Vestibular system.

It would be recommended that you consult a doctor and get a few tests including a hemogram, electrolytes, etc.

Based on the tests and physical examination your doctor or a neurologist can provide proper medications to control the symptoms.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: fever, meds
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.