I am trying to find answers to what I think might be a disorder, it is when your body shuts down and does not allow you to respond. You are still able to breath and hear what is going on around you but you are unable to move or do anything. This happened to a friend of mine twice. Please give me as much information as possible concerning this subject.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 13th, 2005
Experienced User
I've had the same thing happen to me 3 or 4 times during my life. I just assumed I was blacking out. Twice it happened while I was standing up walking. Which was scary. Everytime it happened I could hear everything going on around me but I couldn't see, I couldn't move, I couldn't speak. It would only last maybe 20 or 30 seconds and then it would all start to come back. Honestly, I just consider it blacking out whether that is really what it is or not.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....