Hello I am trying to get pregnant again. I have a 3yr old and was suppose to give birth in november but unfortunately had a tubal pregnancy and had to get emergency surgery. So my doctor gave me a paper to help me telling me to write down my temp and when it goes up 1 degree then I am ovulationg. Now how long do you ovulate? I think my temperature has went up but I am not sure. She started the chart for me with the first day of my last period which was dec 23rd. I am just confused cause I never used an ovulation chart I just usually get pregnant you know without thinking about it. Can someone help me out on this please. :(
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2005
Experienced User
I'm fairly sure the egg only lasts 24 hours. That's why they say have sex a couple of days before and on the day, so there's alwasy sperm there waiting!!!
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
I tried writing down my temps for a while.. Honestly as far as for me, it did not work too well. My temp was always up and down. I personally do not think it is a very reliable method. But a women ovulates sometime in the middle of the month ( so for ex. If her cycles are 28 days.. Then shes ovulating at about the 14th day). My doc told me that the temperature is raised due to an increase in lh (a hormonal substance) and then within 12 hours an egg is released. The egg is good from 12-24 hours. So it is cruciual to have sex with that time frame. Hope this helps...
|

replied March 27th, 2005
I Don't Get It!
This whole ovulating thing is so stupid! Like if a woman has sex everyday for a whole month, then she should would have never missed her ovulation? Why is it that there is only a 25 % chance of getting pregnant each month? So, for those women who do it every day and still do not concieve does that mean they did not ovulate? Like this should not be so difficult!! I see how many of you are so frustrated.

I haven't try to get pregnant yet, but boy will it be a bumpy ride.
|

replied March 29th, 2005
Experienced User
Re: I Don't Get It!
pooky77 wrote:
this whole ovulating thing is so stupid! Like if a woman has sex everyday for a whole month, then she should would have never missed her ovulation? Why is it that there is only a 25 % chance of getting pregnant each month? So, for those women who do it every day and still do not concieve does that mean they did not ovulate? Like this should not be so difficult!! I see how many of you are so frustrated.

I haven't try to get pregnant yet, but boy will it be a bumpy ride.

amen to that sista!!!! Jesus...I dont get it either...I wish I had it like a man!! They get off waaaaaay to easy. Their instructions are:1.) insert 3===} 2.)into (y) 3.)and 3===}~~~

whats so hard about that?!?!?

Unknown!
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2005
Experienced User
If you have sex everyday that doesnt guarantee 100% you will become pregnant. Actually there is only a 25% a person will become pregnant even sex is preformed when ovulation happens. And I agree it sucks... For some women all this just happens.. Other need to plan it out (which can take the fun out of it). I suggest using ovulation strips that can be bought online for very cheap (like .35 cents per strip) and testing. They work just like pregnancy tests. So when you see two lines have sex that day and then for the next 2-3 days just to be safe. After that all you gotta do is wait and see. Then there is like 1 in 4 chances you will be pregnant.... Good luck... And if you have any other questions just ask or pm me and ill try to answer. I know quite a bot about this subject because I am going through all this myself...
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....