User Profile
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew the effects on a baby if you've just had the chicken pox needle. I wont know if i'm pregnant till next week, but if i'm not I have to go back on the pill for a couple of months and then come off it again, or use condoms. My doctor said I need 2 needles, one month apart, because i've never had the pox and if I got it while pregnant, it can really harm the baby. And she also said that i'm not supposed to fall pregnant until a month after the last needle. If i'm pregnant this month, will it harm the baby?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 4th, 2005
Experienced User
I have absolutely no idea. I figure there must be a reason why you have to wait 1 month after the last needle to try and conceive. You should check with the doc. Have you had the needle yet? If not, maybe you should wait until you take a test.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yea, im not sure either. You should have told them that you are not sure if you are pregnant or not....
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I have had the needle, the first one only. I'm supposed to get another one at the end of january. I did say that I was fertile at those days around when I got the needle, she told me to use protection for the rest of the month and then for the next couple of months, so I did. I may not have ovulated yet, I cant remember the exact day I got it done.
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
Oh I can help you with this one... I just went through it. If you are in the 1st tri. Or the last tri. Yes it is very dangerous to a fetus/baby.
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2005
Experienced User
Thanks tazzy!!!
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2005
Advanced Support Team
Welcome dear
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...