I am have been suffering from random hive breakouts since last march. During that period of time I suffered a nervous breakdown. Since them I have continued to randomly break-out in hives. I have been making sure that what I wash my laundry with is the same and I have not changed my soup in years (i use dove). I also have panic disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, insomnia, and poly-cycstic ovaries. I do have an allergy to sulfur but I always make sure no food or medications that I take contain any. My question is, can the random break-out of hives be due to stress/anxiety? If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to share. I have tried benadryl and for a while I actually thought it was due to an allergy from benadryl but I stopped taking it last march and they continue to occur.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 26th, 2005
Pigsrule
Hi , I also am allergic to sulphur and get hives quite often sometimes the problem isnt that you are having anything with sulphur in it that triggers hives but that you have more than one trigger. Ever thought about going to have an allergy test done to see what else might be triggering your out brakes. I have recently found out that if I have eggs and peanuts with in days of each other I break out..The combination of the two is what causes my hives independantly of each other im fine. There are some red wines that give me hives and some that dont. Mayb you need to isolate other triggers do a diary of environment, products, plants, food, and people you come in contact with.
Good luck
|

replied February 7th, 2005
Hives
I also have break outs of the hives. They get real itchy and rise from the skin. But it's like only a couple here and a couple there. Not alot all at once. But I also would like to know if this could be followed by stress/anxiety? I also have depression, ibs, ovary problems. ( I produce too much of the male hormone and so I don't get my periods and I have to go on clomid to get pregnant. I think I am going to go to my therapist and talk about anxiety to get me on some meds, cause it's been bad lately. Well any way if any had info. Please share with us...Thanks
|
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....