I am simply wanting opinions here..

Have any of you watched the *silent scream*?

If so, what was your opinion of it?

*my* opinion--i can't bring myself to watch it. I think it would be too much for me to handle. If the Dr. Couldn't bear to perform abortions after watching what happens then I really don't think that I could stand to watch it.

I have heard it stated on other sights and by people that have seen it that the fetus can't scream...Hence the term *silent* scream.

I'm serious when I say that I want opinions.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 3rd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Hah.. That thing is a joke.. I have heard of that way too many times..That's old news.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Bd--thank you for your opinion

but why the rant about how it's old news? In case you don't remember I am new here and I want to know how other people feel about it. I've not heard of it way too many times and I want to know!
|

If it is "old news" is there a thread on this forum for some of us that are new can read? I will go do a search and see if I can find something.
|

Oh my gosh!!! I looked on the internet and found what movie you were talking about and I could not even imagine watching it. It sound absolutely horrifying. This is what I pulled off of a website

dr. Bernard nathan son - a former abortionist - narrates the video, “the silent scream:” a real time fetal ultrasound video of a live 12-week fetus undergoing a suction abortion:

part 6 “the clip begins with an ultrasound of the fetus (girl) who is about to be aborted. The girl is moving in the womb; …and is at times sucking her thumb. As the abortionist’s suction tip begins to invade the womb, the child rears and moves violently in an attempt to avoid the instrument. Her mouth is visibly open…” (25)

part 7 “the child’s heart rate speeds up dramatically…[as the suction catheter makes contact with the fetus]. She moves violently away in an]…attempt to escape the instrument….” (25)

in an article in the london telegraph on 8/28/2000 titled “british medical experts say unborn children feel pain during abortion,” Dr. & mrs. J. C. Wilke, comment on the abortion video “the silent scream” [above]:

“…what of the silent scream? A real-time ultrasound video tape and movie of a 12- week suction abortion is commercially available as, the silent scream, narrated by Dr. B. Nathanson, a former abortionist. It dramatically, but factually, shows the pre-born baby dodging the suction instrument time after time, while its heartbeat doubles in rate. When finally caught, its body being dismembered, the baby’s mouth clearly opens wide — hence, the title…” (26)

some might think the video is a "joke" but if that movie stops one girl from having an abortion god bless those who put it out there.__________________________
|

That is sickening. I can hardly stand the thought of abortion much less seeing one. I would absolutly vomit. It's disgusting! Even though I haven't been able to watch it I in no way think it's a joke.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
mom2trevor wrote:
that is sickening. I can hardly stand the thought of abortion much less seeing one. I would absolutly vomit. It's disgusting! Even though I haven't been able to watch it I in no way think it's a joke.

i started watching it but.... Had to stop ugh....
|

The silent scam is debunked here:

http://www.Plannedparenthood.Org/abortion/ silentscream.Htm

now, I realize that this is a prochoice site, but take a look at the credentials of the people critiquing it.

Yeah, i've seen it. And i'm still prochoice.

Rosie
|

Extremely eHealthy
sandywalsh wrote:
some might think the video is a "joke" but if that movie stops one girl from having an abortion god bless those who put it out there.
actually, it mostly is one of the worst kind of propaganda and outright lies that any pro-lifer has ever produced. You will notice that it is not brought out a whole lot in real life outside of the pro-lie sites, as its deceptive claims and fraudulent narration and camera techniques have been debunked long ago. Nathanson has long ago been proven to be a fraud.

Do you want the details of his deception (that is, if you actually care to get at the truth here)?
|

User Profile
replied January 4th, 2005
Community Volunteer
steen wrote:
sandywalsh wrote:
some might think the video is a "joke" but if that movie stops one girl from having an abortion god bless those who put it out there.
actually, it mostly is one of the worst kind of propaganda and outright lies that any pro-lifer has ever produced. You will notice that it is not brought out a whole lot in real life outside of the pro-lie sites, as its deceptive claims and fraudulent narration and camera techniques have been debunked long ago. Nathanson has long ago been proven to be a fraud.

Do you want the details of his deception (that is, if you actually care to get at the truth here)?

i do, tell us....
|