Here, I think i've got the mumps :shock:

how can I tell????
:wink: :roll: :oops:
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 20th, 2006
Mumps
A couple of my m8s av ad the mumps recently, half my jaw has swollen up, I get a dry mouth, I had really bad period pains, headaches and I think its really obviouse. My m8 went to the drs with a stiff neck wen she had it, and they told her it was just a stiff neck. She went back the next day with her neck even more swollen, they told her again, its a stiff neck. She went back again and finally they realised yes its the mumps. Now I went to the same doctors and this dr said to me no I think its jus an infection. I thought well thats a funny coinsidence. But iv had things like this all my life, people dont belive me when im unwell, all the way through school they just all thought I was making everything up. I feel pain how can I make it up? Id say lookin like a bullfrog is a good enough indication of having the mumps! Ha ha. Could I of been wrongly diagnosed? Its my 18th birthday in 4 days and im going on holiday in 11 days time!
|

replied March 20th, 2006
Re: Mumps
shelly88 wrote:
a couple of my m8s av ad the mumps recently, half my jaw has swollen up, I get a dry mouth, I had really bad period pains, headaches and I think its really obviouse. My m8 went to the drs with a stiff neck wen she had it, and they told her it was just a stiff neck. She went back the next day with her neck even more swollen, they told her again, its a stiff neck. She went back again and finally they realised yes its the mumps. Now I went to the same doctors and this dr said to me no I think its jus an infection. I thought well thats a funny coinsidence. But iv had things like this all my life, people dont belive me when im unwell, all the way through school they just all thought I was making everything up. I feel pain how can I make it up? Id say lookin like a bullfrog is a good enough indication of having the mumps! Ha ha. Could I of been wrongly diagnosed? Its my 18th birthday in 4 days and im going on holiday in 11 days time!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...