Please help me to not be so scared...
Since about 4 years ago, I have noticed a little blood in my stool from time to time and I have always thought it to be nothing, but now within the past three weeks it has gotten much worse so that the toilet water is all red and there are small chunks of blood in the water. It doesn't hurt and I haven't really changed my eating habits and I am in pretty good health...I am just scared it may be something more than I am expecting so I am not going to the doctor yet...One more thing, I gave blood last week and they told me that my iron levels were low...Could it be because of this problem I am having? Is this cancer? I am nervous..Please help me to understand and know the truth no matter how scary it is.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 25th, 2003
Re: Bloody Stool
lorena2003 wrote:
please help me to not be so scared...

Since about 4 years ago, I have noticed a little blood in my stool from time to time and I have always thought it to be nothing, but now within the past three weeks it has gotten much worse so that the toilet water is all red and there are small chunks of blood in the water. It doesn't hurt and I haven't really changed my eating habits and I am in pretty good health...I am just scared it may be something more than I am expecting so I am not going to the doctor yet...One more thing, I gave blood last week and they told me that my iron levels were low...Could it be because of this problem I am having? Is this cancer? I am nervous..Please help me to understand and know the truth no matter how scary it is.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...