Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

Please Someone Help.....im Really Nervous

I recently have had, since christmas a lump on the right side of my neck that looks swollen. 3 weeks ago, I had a dry spot in the back of my throat which I usually get when I come down with something. Then I had a sore throat. Now this sore throat was more like a really high sore throat that still even to this day has not left me. My left nostral also kept stuffing up. Towards the end of the first week, I decided since thise was a weird infection, to see the doctor. He said that he thought it was viral, and said just to give it time. He also said at the time I had to lymph node swelling. During the second week I had a headache on and off and some chest pain. The headache was gone the next day but came back when the weather was bad. Also the chest pain was pretty much gone as well, but every now and then I still get a small pain, that goes away quickly where it was. Now im on the third week, and my only symptoms of this thing now is still a weird sore throat that sometimes comes and gos, a stuffy nostral, my ears are now getting plugged up alot with fluid, and now this lump on the side of my neck wich really isnt painfull. Any ideas....Do you guys think this is still viral like the doctor said, or could it be leukemia? Oh and for other reasons im almost 21, and im male.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 8th, 2005
Nervous Reply
Doesn't sound like leukemia but your doctor should listen to all your concerns and questions. Hope you are doing better.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...