I have recently found out I am going to be a father. On dec.9 and
dec.10 my fiance took 3 different pregnancy tests and they all came up
positive. On dec.14 she went to the doctor and they confirmed she was
pregnant. As we were talking about it she said the doctor asked her
when her last normal period was. Her last period was nov.10 but I dont
think it was a normal one. She said she had at least 3 abnormal periods
from sept.12 to nov.19 each 2 weeks apart.

I remember on nov.6 she took a pregnancy test and she said it was not pregnant. On nov. 22-23 she took an ovulation test and told me it was positive. We had sex the first time on oct.17 and didnt start trying to have a baby intentenally until oct.29.

We have recently had an argument and she left me saying we werent going to be together. I am going crazy now. She has also recently said she measured her stomach from the bottom of her belly button to her pubic bone and it is 14 inches, which would put how many weeks the baby is before we were together.

Someone please help me understand all of this. In a nutshell these where the events.

Sept.12 and after, she said she hasnt been with anyone but me.
Sept.12 - nov.19 at least 3 periods somewhere around 2 weeks apart.
Oct. 17 first time we had sex.
Oct. 29 started trying to have a baby.
Nov. 6 took pregnancy test said it was not pregnant.
Nov. 10 period started, stopped on the 14th.
Nov. 22-23 took ovulation test and she said she was ovulating.
Dec. 9-10 took home pregnancy test 3 came up pregnant.
Dec. 14 went to doctor verified she was pregnant.
Dec. 16 argued and she left me.
Dec. 21 she said she measured from the bottom of her belly button to
her pubic bone and it was 14 inches making her 14 weeks.
Putting the conception day back to:
sept. 14

she has not been on the pill at any time, and we havent used any protection.

Ok now, as long as she is telling me the truth about everything, which I wasn't standing over top of her when she did these tests because I trust her. There some issues that need to be addressed here.

I have read that you can have periods in your first trimester of being pregnant.
But we did a pregnancy test on nov.6 that was negative and she started her period on nov.10.
Would an ovualation test show positive for ovulating if you were pregnant?
Can you really go by measuring your belly like that and if so how accurate is doing that?

She is a petite girl. But this will be her second baby she already has an 8 year old.

As for symtoms:

late october she said she had started eating more, and would feel sick sometimes. But the sickness wasnt in the morning.

Around the first week of december she started saying that her breasts were hurting and aching.

Somewhere around dec.12 she started getting short tempered. But that could be due to a lot of things if it isnt moodiness.

She said she also had low blood pressure on dec.14 when she went to the doctor.

I hope someone can help me out with this and let me know what to expect.

Thanks,
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 3rd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
It sounds like the pregnancy began in last week of november by all I can hear. As for the meassuremnt, that really doesn't work until week 20, at which time the distance should be 20 cm, or right around the belly button. The earlier meassurements really aren't that accurate because it is hard to figure out where the top of the uterus is at before 20 weeks.
|

replied May 19th, 2005
Experienced User
steen wrote:
it sounds like the pregnancy began in last week of november by all I can hear. As for the meassuremnt, that really doesn't work until week 20, at which time the distance should be 20 cm, or right around the belly button. The earlier meassurements really aren't that accurate because it is hard to figure out where the top of the uterus is at before 20 weeks.
so when I was 20 weeks according to my lmp and when the Dr. Measured me with that tape from my pubic bone and up and it shouldn't 20 cm.. Which would mean 20 weeks right??? But if I belived I concived about 2 weeks after my period wouldn't I have measured at about 18cm.. Or is it suppose to match up closer to your lmp.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...