Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Accuracy of Pregnancy Tests????

Would it be accurate??
YEA
NO
38%  38%  [ 5 ]
61%  61%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 13
My friend went to the doctor today and they told she wasn't pregnant which was great but I don't know how they got an accurate read. They made her drink about 5 glasses of water then take the test. I thought forcing yourself to pee by drinking water was supposed to make it harder to tell if you wre pregnant. She also talked to the doctor about what she has been feeling. The doctor said that is perfectly normal and some people go through stages like that. My question is how did they get an accurate read if it was watered down from the glasses of water she drank???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 22nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Well what are her symptoms?
|

replied December 22nd, 2004
Experienced User
She is nauseous, irritable, headaches, has to pee all the time like after the doctor she had to go 7 times in 2 hours. I don't know um her stomach looks kind of puffy because it is usually somewhat flat. She tired all the time. I don't know any more right now I will have to talk to her later.

Meghan
|

User Profile
replied December 23rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I find it odd that they made her drink the water first
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Cant that like flush out your hormones like a drug test?
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, it cani just think it makes it less accurate, and I really really wonder why they made her do that, it doesnt seem applicable.
|

Experienced User
That's what I was thinking too. Would your have less hormones in your urine if you drank abunch of water. I don't know I am soo confused and so is she. The doctor also said that having no cramps is normal for some people. That makes no sense either. I thought you are supposed to have cramps to get rid of all the stuff.
|

replied December 27th, 2004
Experienced User
This Is What I Think....
Well first I find it very weird that they made her drink all that water before the test! Second when I took my pregnancy test (twice) I read all the directions before I tested! And I know it said try not to drink any water an hour prior to testing.... If it were me in the situation I would test again and
definatley get a second opinion!!!!!!!
|

Experienced User
She is also now 3 days late for her period this month with no cramps or anything else signaling a start. I can't help think that it was like a false negative or something.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I agree at least get a second if not a third opinion.
Sincerely,
sandy
|

replied December 28th, 2004
I also find it weird that they told her to drink the water before the test I would take a home test and go to the doc. And take a blood test to be on the safe side.
|

replied December 28th, 2004
Experienced User
Three days isnt all that long though.. Suppose she could wait a little longer? I would suggest getting a hpt, or blood test. Goodluck
|

replied December 31st, 2004
Experienced User
She Got It
I just have one more question: is it normal for your periods to get longer( from period to period) but shorter in days you are on?? It also started as brown and went to pink. We are both very confused.
|

replied January 1st, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
The only positive undeniable answer can be found in a blood test. Tell her to go back to the doc for one!! My periods had done that long before I was pregnant and my doc said it was normal.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...