Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Has Anyone Had Trouble Breathing?!?

Im wondering if its ok to have trouble breathing. See for the past 2wks ive had trouble breathing. At work my coworkers have catched be panting like adog. Yesterday my cousin bumped into me and I later noticed that my belly dropped. Please tell me what you all know.

Michelle*
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper julieann0224
|

replied December 19th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
U dropped? How far along r u?
|

Experienced User
Im 33wks 5days. I showed my mom that I dropped and she said it wasnt the complete drop but just a bit.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Sometimes I have to take really deep breaths because it feels like I cant breathe
|

Experienced User
Ya thats how I feel. But im just wondering if its ok to feel like that all the time. I called my doctor he said maybe im breathing like that cause of cold but ive had this cold since forever and im barley feeling like panting.
|

Experienced User
I've had trouble breathing in the 2nd and 3rd trimester but recently it's gotten even worse. I just noticed today that I had dropped. I think it's kinda weird since once you drop you're supposed to be able to breathe easier. Maybe we have really big babies who take up a ton of room...
|

Extremely eHealthy
It is normal to be short of breath when you get further into your pregnancy.The baby takes up more room leaving less room for your diaphragm to expand when you breathe.Of course,if you are always short of breath or start to wheeze,call your doc asap.
Patty
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
pattyv wrote:
it is normal to be short of breath when you get further into your pregnancy.The baby takes up more room leaving less room for your diaphragm to expand when you breathe.Of course,if you are always short of breath or start to wheeze,call your doc asap.

Patty

i second this. Patty took the words right out of my mouth. I had a hard time catching my breath and the doc. Told me it was normal but if you get to uncomfortable please call your doc.
|

replied December 20th, 2004
Experienced User
caracook wrote:
i've had trouble breathing in the 2nd and 3rd trimester but recently it's gotten even worse. I just noticed today that I had dropped. I think it's kinda weird since once you drop you're supposed to be able to breathe easier. Maybe we have really big babies who take up a ton of room...

yup girl!! Last week I saw the baby and he has a huge head! I was all *ouch* lol.

Well girls I went to the hospital and everything was ok baby was fine. All they gave me was breathing machine to breath some mist. After that my oxygen level went up. My doctor wants me to go in on tues. So well see what else is going on. So everything is ok now. Im just having back pains but other than that im we are doing good. Thanks for the advice.

Michelle*
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Happy to hear everything is good michelle. Good luck!!!
|

Experienced User
I've been having that feeling lately like when I try to yawn or something or breath in deep and it feels like I can't breathe good. I'm almost 29 weeks
|

Experienced User
I've been having this thing where i'll be sitting around doing nothing and all of the sudden I can't breathe and I get dizzy. It was really scary at first.
|

Experienced User
caracook wrote:
i've been having this thing where i'll be sitting around doing nothing and all of the sudden I can't breathe and I get dizzy. It was really scary at first.

that's how ive been feeling. Tomorrow ive got to go back to see if everything is ok at the doctors. Man its exhusting not being able to breath right.
|

User Profile
replied December 23rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I'm 29 and that like just started for me but only when I over work myself or try to relax while doing something
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
29 weeks
|

Experienced User
Just wait until you are not even doing anything and lose your breath it sucks. Just to let you know ahead of time.
|

replied December 25th, 2004
I am only 13 weeks and pretty much from the beginning I feel like I cant breath, I thought I was the only one. Lol and it is all the time. I have to take in deep breaths all the time and my husband either thinks I am in a bad mood or he makes fun of my deep breathing. I guess it comes with being pregnant.
|

replied June 16th, 2010
I have the same problem
I am almost at 27 wks and I have noticed withing the last week I have had a lot of trouble breathing sometimes I lay down on my left side and take deep breathes ...in the nose out the mouth and relax. I also noticed that after taking a nap I can breath so much better. I have chronic asthma as well and I am on an inhaler for sometime now. If you are big busted that also can do it I am in a DD cup and it's hard for me sometimes to breath and they get in the way lol...but it will soon be over if you ever catch yourself feeling faint just becareful go sit or lay down. I had a bad time yesterday walking around in the heat and I live down south so it's humid here sooo breathing is hard to do lol but I was at the store and noticed I felt faint most of the time we don't take in air and tend to hold our breath sometimes and yea a rush comes over you..try not to think about your breathing because once you start it's hard to focus your natural way of breathing ya know what I mean? I find it a lot easier just to relax breath in the nose out the mouth for a little and it will relax you...it makes a big difference and do not take to deep of breaths when you do it because u can feel faint and weak....
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...