Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Thereputic Cloning/ Embryonic Stem Cell Research

One of the biggest problems facing the scientific community is the avaliblity of unfertalized eggs.

It is hopped with further research of the current limited number of fertalized embryo's they have at this moment, they maybe able to create unfertalized eggs..

Where would this leave us, pro choice women would get there wish of human beings being created without the use of there body.... However if they can create unfertelized eggs it is a possibility of taking human beings out of the entire reproductive cycle... Giving rise to many problems.

I suggest reading a book by aldous huxley wrote in the 1930's about this "development" we are facing today - "brave new world" it seems mr huxley was in the know!

There is deffinate weight behind my "conspiricy theory"
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 16th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Thereputic Cloning/ Embryonic Stem Cell Research
izzy wrote:
one of the biggest problems facing the scientific community is the avaliblity of unfertalized eggs.
more stupid nonsense. Big problems facing science are things like the unified field theory or the lack of tools for researching fusion technology and utilization.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Thereputic Cloning/ Embryonic Stem Cell Research
izzy wrote:
one of the biggest problems facing the scientific community is the avaliblity of unfertalized eggs.
It is hopped with further research of the current limited number of fertalized embryo's they have at this moment, they maybe able to create unfertalized eggs..
why would they need to create unfertilized eggs? Women donate *unfertilized* eggs all the time. In fact, you can get upwards of $3,500 for donating eggs. They are, at the time of donation, unfertilized. Some that are donated, especially for research specific purposes, are left unfertilized.
Quote:
i suggest reading a book by aldous huxley wrote in the 1930's about this "development" we are facing today - "brave new world" it seems mr huxley was in the know!
I love brave new world. It's one of my favorites. I'd be more worried about other aspects of the book before I would the "decanting" process. Particularly the use of "soma". Soma is handed to the population in an effort to control them. They become dependent on taking "soma holidays" where they don't have to deal with their lives. This is *actually* happening!!! We actually have a "happy" pill out now and they named it "*.Soma*"! More and more drugs come out all the time. If I were to be worried of anything, it would be these drugs and the control they exert in many people's lives.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Jenn
Do you mean the soma rx medication, I was on that for awhile(the muscle relaxer), I got to the point where I could not walk or function, I was glad to be off that c r a p, maybe it might work for some, but, I do not like being in that state of mind, they can have it!!
Sincerely,
sandy
|

replied July 18th, 2009
i loved soma-tooo much. only true pain killer i know of which makes it serverly addicting
|

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
I think it would be a GREAT day when reproduction can occur with or without any woman's body. Nobody would be reproductively enslaved or trapped by their fertility, infertility or anatomy when engaging in sex.

No matter what happens, there will ALWAYS be women who want to pregnant and men who want biological children and those two groups will always be able to find one another. The science you speak of is moreso for those who do not want children/want to be pregnant. I don't se ehow that could be a bad thing.
|