I have 2 belly rings, my doctor said I might not have to take them out.
Did any of you girls have to take them out? When?

Do you have any other piercings you had to take out?
I have my nipples pierced and I dont know if I should take them out?

I also have 2 piercings in my tongue, and I heard there bad during labor, cause if you bite them theyll crack your teeth?

I have a piercing below the belt too Mad im def taking that out!

Just curious...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 14th, 2004
Experienced User
Take out your nipple and belly piercings.
|

Experienced User
I had my belly button pierced and I still do....I put in a retainer though to keep it. After I was about 30 weeks or so I got the retainer. I'm not sure about the others though. Smile
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Is there a differance between having a plastic or metal one in? Im worried it will start to pull out when my belly starts growing. I heard you can put fishing line through it too...
|

Experienced User
Mine's perfectly fine for having it in the whole pregnancy. I had a glass retainer put in...But fish line works too!! Or that stuff you use on a weed eater(sp?) lol
|

Experienced User
If your planning on breastfeeding you better take them out now.. How far along are you?
|

Experienced User
I had my tongue and my belly button done, I took the belly ring out after I got tired of it and I took the tongue ring out because it wasn't appropriate and I thought that it was getting old ...
|

I took kaigela's advice, I already took out my nipples piercings, they were a little irritating being I got bigger in that area since I got pregnant. I think im gunna leave the belly rings as long as I can, or go with the fish line if they start bothering me. To answer your question, im between 16-17 weeks, I dont know what day of the week it starts over though.
|

Experienced User
I have a friend who kept her belly ring in her whole pregnancy..I took mine out like more than a year ago and it closed up..All I have pierced now besides my ears is my labret Smile
|

Experienced User
I still have my pierced...But the skins its in is a little loose...I figure after I tone up a bit more it shoudl be back to normal...It's gotten a bit tighter since. Smile
|

Experienced User
You dont need to take your tongue ring out, I didnt have to. But I had a plastic retainer there just in case I had to go in for an emergency c section(no metal in the operating room)
|

rachrach wrote:
i have a friend who kept her belly ring in her whole pregnancy..I took mine out like more than a year ago and it closed up..All I have pierced now besides my ears is my labret Smile

i have my labret pierced too Laughing and guages
|

Experienced User
Wow girl, you have alot of piercings..I like piercings though..I had my eyebrow before also but took that out along with my belly and they both closed up..
|

Well I had 13 I think. Im not really into them, I just ended up getting them cause I like how it feels, but I ran out of places to get them, I dont want a bunch of metal in my face either, so most are hidden. Do you have a ball on your labret? Mine is a little diamond.
|

Experienced User
Yah, I have a little jeweled ball in mine..I have like, 10 diff colors but usually jus use the white/clear/whatever you call it one..To match with everything..Haha

hmm idk how to put pics up on this thing but I have pics on my xanga: http://xanga.Com/whatzyourfantasy you can see what it looks like if your bored..Haha i'm super bored today
|

Wow. From your pluto av I percieved you as something differant. I like what you wrote. I feel like you copied that out of my journal. Thats how I feel when I listen to avril too haha. Like she wrote what I was feeling. I like the way you think, even though most of it was negative Confused I have the same perspective.
|

Experienced User
Ohh, lol thanks..Alot of it was when I was all depressed n stuff after me and my baby's daddy broke up Sad
i don't really go on xanga anymore..Myspace is the "cool thing" to do now..Haha
|

replied December 15th, 2004
Hah I used to go on myspace before I found this place. I just dont like it very much cause like 50 people would ask to be my friend and when I added them then never talk to me. And I dont have any good pictures to update it with...
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I have my tongue pierced, and I haven't taken it out. I took out my nipple rings, but I have my eyebrow and my nose pierced.
|

replied December 16th, 2004
I have my belly button pierced and I didn't have to take it out! Some people have to and some people don't .Smile if you get to big you might want to just in case.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...