So we met with sarah this morning and the kids took to her immediatly, which is a great thing. It would only be for 3 days a week because shes in school but i'm just still not sure about the whole thing. I mean when shes looking after my children what am I supposed to be doing? Yesterday when steve was with them and I had the day to myself I felt totally lost. Is that normal? He says that this is totally up to me since i'm the one with the children all day, but if we do this I could get back into dancing or working again if I wanted. Or just spending the day in bed or shopping or lunching... I would feel so guilty over it though. I mean here I would be shopping when I could be spending time with my kids. Although the idea of starting dancing again or even working is so appealing. I just feel that if we're going to have a nanny then I should be doing something useful with my time or else whats the point you know?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 13th, 2004
Feeling like this is normal because your used to having them around you all the time its like taking chocolate away from kids but as long as you think you can trust the nanny take the time to enjoy your "time off" treat yourself if you find yourself feeling guilty buy the kids a chocolate bar for when you pick them up!
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
Re: Free Time
mommyof2many wrote:
so we met with sarah this morning and the kids took to her immediatly, which is a great thing. It would only be for 3 days a week because shes in school but i'm just still not sure about the whole thing. I mean when shes looking after my children what am I supposed to be doing? Yesterday when steve was with them and I had the day to myself I felt totally lost. Is that normal? He says that this is totally up to me since i'm the one with the children all day, but if we do this I could get back into dancing or working again if I wanted. Or just spending the day in bed or shopping or lunching... I would feel so guilty over it though. I mean here I would be shopping when I could be spending time with my kids. Although the idea of starting dancing again or even working is so appealing. I just feel that if we're going to have a nanny then I should be doing something useful with my time or else whats the point you know?

yes it is natural to feel this way. I would your life has beem about your children. Btw if you dont want it I will trade you places I could use the break lol............
|

Extremely eHealthy
Sometimes the people I worked for would be around the house doing whatever. Whatever you want. It sounds like ya'll have some money, go spend it. Get your hair done, join a gym, dance, you could take a college class. Oh, what I wouldn't give to trade places with you and I only have two. Laughing
|

Experienced User
Hey Girl
Don't feel guilty everyone needs a little me time,after all you deserve it.

:d
|

Thanks guys.. My mom told me the same thing.. Actually she told me to quit b*tching and take advantage of the situation before he "knocks me up again" lol so I took all of your advice and called sarah and she starts tomorrow. I've also decided to go and sign up for dance class again so hopefully i'll be able to get back into again.
|

Experienced User
Good for you, and happy holidays.

:p
|

replied December 14th, 2004
Experienced User
Enjoy your time you deserve it.. :d :d
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Enjoy it hun!! You definetely deserve it!!
|

Experienced User
Just think about it this way...You are able to recharge and do a few things for you. Then when you go back to your children you will be fresh and able to be a better mom.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...