I've had my keloids ever since my acne cleared up and it hate them. I have 2 on my chest and 2 on both my shoulders. I was getting steroid shots for it but it hurt like hell and I haven't gotten them in a while. There wasn't a big effect getting them either. Has anyone had treatment for keloids?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Playmaker
|

replied December 11th, 2004
This is one of those things in the industry where there is virtually no cure. Steroid shots is one of the most effective, and it's decent at best. Ask your doctor for the following if you want to try... Cordran tape, benzoyl peroxide. There are no guarantees.

My theory is that keloids in the chest or upper back area come from exercising with polyester type clothing. If your clothing has left over detergent residue, it may make it even worse. But overall it is some type of scarring. Do you exercise alot?
|

replied January 1st, 2005
Maybe Doing Nothing Is the Best Choice .
I have similar experience . Keloid is very harassing. I tried a lot of things , steroid shot once , so pain that I gave up this therapy. After that ,they grew twice bigger than before . 1 year later till now, I have been using a lotion called contra*** . I havent get any improvement , and the symptoms get even severe ,the mass grew bigger .
Now I really miss the original mass ,cuz it was much smaller and didnt cause signficant pain just itchy.
Hope some one can benefit from my experience .
Cant say pure english ,sorry
|

replied January 29th, 2005
I Still Believe There Is a Way
Hi there,

i read all the posts to this forum. I went to a very well known healer/accupucturist here in ny, who has treated celebrities such as tina turner and others. He told me that the source of my keloids was from poisonous blood in my system. My kidneys are weak enough (not weak enough to cause me severe health problems) for me to have toxic blood which in turn has created the keloids.

I have tried many, many different topical solutions which never worked except for one. About 9 years ago, I bought my first cillicone gel sheet by a company called "rejuvenes." it had actually worked on one of my keloids! You know it was really weird when it happened, I almost didn't notice it was going away, and in a couple of days it just started vanishing!!

The strange thing is that it didn't work on the other four I had on my chests. I ended up getting this removed by laser, which left scars but not big red ones like I had before.

But then, sadly, I grew three more! This has been on ongoing plight.

But you know, I am going to give rejuvenes another try and this time I have decided that it's going to work on the the scars that I have, just like it did on the others. Mind over matter. Also I am going to do my best to eat well and keep my blood very clean.

I hope this gives you some hope.

Feel free to write me.
|
Users who thank deanna_choi for this post: OMG100 

replied February 26th, 2005
I was thinking about laser...But chances of coming back are 50/50 and what would the point be if it came back again. It would have just been a waste of money!
|

replied March 24th, 2005
Hi everyone my name is donna .Keloids ,i had a breast reduction in 2001 I have two keloids between my breasts where the incision stopped .Thet hurt and itch.Went to a doctor and he said I had three options ,1-cortisone shots 2-some kind of patch 3-surgery which is not always helpful. So I gave the shots a try and I will never do it again.It it so painful he put the needle in the keloid and kept gabbing it all around I felt like punching him.They are so insenitive. I just read that you might be able to freeze so thats what I might try next.That doesnt hurt.We'll see :(
|

replied April 18th, 2005
Argh...Donna..I know what you mean. I have 2 keloids on my chest and I was getting steroid shots for it.........Hurt like hell ..No joke! I was always relieved when the Dr. Did it on my shoulder where the other keloids are. Let me know how the freezing goes. I want to try acupunture.
|

replied April 22nd, 2005
Insurance
I had two one on each ear from a piercing, my insurance paid for the removal and they have not grown back and this has been over seven years ago, silly me I go to get a earlobe piercing at the top of my ear, and low and behold I have another, which is so ugly and huge I am also having this one removed. Via scaple.... Worked the first time so hopefully it will this time and it will not grow back, none of the creams, any of that stuff works you have too get surgeory.
|

replied May 15th, 2007
Hi , Im 24 Years Old, I Have Keloids On My Chest Too
i understand how u feel, i have 3 keloids on my chest and 4 on my back from keloids . pm me.
|

replied May 15th, 2007
Re: Hi , Im 24 Years Old, I Have Keloids On My Chest Too
tran325 wrote:
i understand how u feel, i have 3 keloids on my chest and 4 on my back from keloids .
Well it has been two years since I posted that, I had the keloid removed, it grew back. What gets me is the first time I had them removed a seventy year old doctor removed them with a scaple hope I spelled that right. any way they never grew back I went to this doctor my age with lasers and they grew back. I was 19 when I got the first got them removed and as I said the doctor was old so I know he's retired now. I am going to find a doctor to remove the new one the old way no lasers they do not get it all and they grow back... Sad
|

replied May 15th, 2007
Cool U Respond , I Want to Remove My Keloids Too
but i heard they come back . so im not sure if i wanna do any surgery. how many keloids do u have?????????
|

replied March 6th, 2009
keloids
the cortisone shots work only if you catch it in an early stage (Acne) I have been taking cortisone shots for big acne scars and they always completely vanish EXCEPT for the chest and back of my shoulders,, i've been doing a combination of cortisone shots and bonzol peroxide cream and this stubborn one on my chest is not improving.. DO you guys know of any of the tape treatments Ive heard about? (putting some sort of tape on them?
|

replied April 18th, 2009
KELOIDS BETWEEN BREASTS
I got my keloid from a insect bite between my breasts and since then it has grown to the size of a large kidney bean. It is very embarassing when i wear a bikin and i also think it stopped my breasts from growing. The keloids itch before and during my period and wearing a bra wit a bone is very painful. I need to get rid of it. my Husband hates it and I am only 23. I dont want to risk it getting bigger and it is also heriditary...My aunt had it in the same spot and got surgery and then it grew way biggerrrrrrrrrr....anyways if anyone has suggestions please let me know
|

replied June 1st, 2009
i have the exact same problem. three on top of each other on top of each other between the breast area and im 25. its soo embarrassing i cant wear nice dresses. nothing. anyway i think im gonna try acupuncture. so i'll let u guys know how it goes.
|

replied June 4th, 2009
hi i have a keloid in the middle of my chest, almost right between my breast. I acquired after i had a cyst removed and the doctor I went to did not stitch up the wound. I have consulted a dermatlogist about it and she has advised me to get a steroid injected to it. Is the steroid injection effective?
|

replied June 4th, 2009
i only did it once because it hurt so bad. im looking into acupuncture. like there must be something in our blood that's doing it. and maybe it needs to be cleanse. i've done so many treatments and all the treatments were focused on the scar ... im thinking maybe something in our body like some kind of toxin we need to get out to maybe help it go away along with those direct treatments on it.
|

replied June 7th, 2009
keloid on my chest :(
i am a chinese living in HK. i have big keloid on my chest. Yes.. it is harrassing and embarassing. i tried the shot and laser. it doesn't help but i grow bigger and bigger. i think getting it flat or extinct is absolutely impossible. how can i contain the growth?
|

replied June 13th, 2009
Cryoshape on Keloids
I have a kelod on my chest but heard of a new treatment for keloids interlesional cyrotherapy(Cryoshape) which involves a needle through the keloid to freeze it and in most cases flatten it. A bit like cyrotherapy but more effective with reoccurences reported to be very low, have you heard of it?
I am hoping this could be the best and most effective treatment yet and lets be honest it doesn't have much to beat from my experience. A choice of injections or excision everything comes down to and ask any keloid sufferer in 1-2 years of those treatments how happy he or she now is.
|

replied June 17th, 2009
me too :((
I too have keloids 2 on my chest and one on my back...i went to this clinic which is pretty famous for treating burns...they treat keloids too...i wil be starting the medications tomorrow...will let u know if it helps
P.S- u hav to go on a strict vegeterian diet for this treatment...no non-veg and no spicy stuff..but the doctor said the pain and itching would dissappear within a week...lets c ...will keep ya posted
|

replied June 17th, 2009
Please be aware that you can only have treatments for keloids there is NO cures and that treatments once stopped inevitably can lead to keloids looking worse.
I know this for fact I have trawled the internet everyday for 4 months looking for something more nearer the cure but there quite clearly isn't one as things stand.
I had what many medics call the gold standard treatment for keloids 'steroids'. After 3 bouts of treatment I had a flat scar and thought that was it. One year on I now have a longer scar which is much more red, the only way I could avoided this was to keep continueing with the steroids, may be every 1-2 years but can you face that for the rest of your life and how much steroids can the body take.
The steroids are usually 2 different drugs given as one jab, triamaclone which reduces the collagen and 5 flouricil which is actually an anti-cancer drug which is supposed to stop the keloid regrowing. I have heard this has had success in some cases espcially with small keloids but chests and backs were there is continous tension and muscle movement are for this reason poor for keloid treatment.
Hope this all helps, only wish someone had given me this information before I went for my treatment and that someone made me realsie how serious keloids are.
The best way to think about a keloid is as a SCAR not a lesion. If you had a bad cut or graze on your leg would you think these were natural treatments.... Putting needles in it every few days?....Lasering it?....Trying to freeze it off?....Trying to cut it out?
|
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....