In may for dizziness, numbness, and disoriantation. They told me it may be ms, but they weren't sure, however I wasn't willing to get a spinal tap done. I still have symptoms, and i'm scared. Please let me know what you think.

Jennifer Laughing
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 23rd, 2003
Do you still have those symptoms or were they only passing symptoms? Is it possible for you to have an mri preferably with dye and of both your brain and neck? Dye helps to find the lesions and to help to see their age etc... Many neuros assume that a brain mri will be enough but lesions can occur on the spine as well. The symptoms you have could be something else don't freak yourself out unnecessarily... I know it's hard not to whne you don't know what to even call your pain or discomfort but try to relax as stress to those with ms for certain can cause relapses etc...

I suggest you follow up and keep on it especially if the symptoms are still with you at any level... Know that with ms the symptoms can some and go depending on the severity of the attack. Be helpfuo to yourself and do what you need, don't worry about bothering a docotr they took the job to help people medically and that is what you need. I find like myself other women feel somewhat pushed around by doctors and also feel that they consider our physical discomforts as no big deal wuite often... Find a doctor that trusts you and your instinct and feelings...

I wish you luck! ;o)
|

Extremely eHealthy
I Had 2 Mri's...
Performed at the hospital during those 6 days (with dye) they found white particals on the screening in my brain, but said they didnt' know what they were. But I refused the spinal because I don't want to get paralysed.

Please help,

jennifer Laughing
|

See More Doctors
I really think you need to persue this until you get an answer and make sure they understand the stress of not knowing is worse than knowing and being able to take a course of action... Often doctors are concerned a patient is too young or what have you to have to deal with the prospects of such a heavy disease... I find it easier knowing than not so I pushed... It took a fourth neuro that was a friend of a friend of the family to sit me down and really let me have it and I was so happy just to know I wasn't losing my itty bitty little mind! This disease is not the worst one could have keep that in mind and stay as light minded as you can I found telling my school mates "it's not a tumah" was funny at the time I was going through diagnosis.

Have you had an evoked potential can you have a full mri with dye??? Or were the mri's you had such? I have never had a spinal tap... Scary stuff. I am not a big fan of pain... Confused If they can't give you a single answer ask for a multiple one and then move on to another doctor to start trying to rule them out sometimes thats the best way it seems... E.G. The first neuro I saw by appointment and not in a hospital told me it couod be a virus... I asked her to name one that could do such a thing and the daft woman didn't even have the respect to have one ready... I kind of realized I was being dealt with badly...
|

Hey I Just Found a Cool Site That May Help
This site talks of other tests to have taken http://healthboards.Healthology.Com/focus_ article.Asp?F=m_sclerosis&c=xml_mspred ictor
if that does not show as a link simply highlight press ctrl+c and the ctrl+v in your browser window

hope that site helps Wink
|

replied December 30th, 2003
Experienced User
Jennifer,
mri's do help to an extent, but they are not conclusive. There is a new test, a blood test. It is new and not all doctors may know about it yet. If you go to http:www.Aarda.Org, you can get more info about the blood test. I hop this helps you. Good luck, sandy Laughing
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....