Alright, I just want to talk to someone about it I guess. I don't really think i'm asking for help me like expressing my opinion. I am getting married rather soon and i'm moving to germany in feburary.

I'm 16. I talked to my mom about wanting to have a baby and she told me once i'm married and I move it's not really up to her anymore. We talked about it and she told me it was our decision. (my fiances) so we decided to, and now i'm waiting to be able to take a test. I think this could possibly be the hardest part. I hope i'll make a good moher and I know alot of people screw up when their young, but I feel like I can do this and I just want to let you all know. Young and old people. Not all 16 year old pregnancies are unexpected, some are planned : d!!!!

Thanks for your time.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 9th, 2004
Congradulations in advance, but don't you have other priorities in life? Like education or persueing a career?
I know it is your life, and we would all support you in whatever decision you will make but think twice, as much as mother-hood can be beautiful and rewarding as much as it is full of sacrfices and responsibilities...

My advice is think of yourself now... 16 is a young age!
|

replied December 9th, 2004
Experienced User
nada rx wrote:
congradulations in advance, but don't you have other priorities in life? Like education or persueing a career?

I know it is your life, and we would all support you in whatever decision you will make but think twice, as much as mother-hood can be beautiful and rewarding as much as it is full of sacrfices and responsibilities...

My advice is think of yourself now... 16 is a young age!

well i'm going to finish hghschool one way or another if I can finish in homeschooling that would be grand if not, graduating a year late wouldn't kill me. As for a career, i've thought about it and I would like to have a job, but i'd also like to be a home (mom) i'll take some photography and web design classes and see how things go. I got delt some pretty shitty cards in my childhood, and I think it's made me a better, more mature person.

We'll see how things work out. Michael is 21, and she doesn't want to be an old dad, and I really dont wanna be an old mom, so I think it wouldbe fair is I had a baby at 20 then he'd be 25, and i'd be cheating him outta five years. Things will work out.

Thanks.
|

replied December 14th, 2004
Experienced User
Isnt there anyfink else in life you can do first?, if not then go for it. Make sure you talk it though.. Good luck.
|

replied December 14th, 2004
Sweety I just wanted to tell you that I know how hard it is to be a mom at 16. I am 22 with a 5 1/2 year old. I know you want a baby but waiting to finish high school so you can have one doesn't make much sense. 21 is not old and neither is 25. You won't be wasting those years! I know what I am saying to you probably won't matter much but I have to tell you these things anyways. I really think you should wait. Trust me when I tell you that you might feel ready now but there are alot of things you need to do before you have this little person in your life, for the rest of your life. Yes you should finish school first and get a job first. You want that baby to have the best life you can possibly give it. If that means waiting until you are a couple years older, then wait. I think that if you are that serious about having a baby and that you are more mature for your age then you would know that waiting a couple years until you finish school and etc.. Is the better choice. Just remember that babies don't stay babies. They grow up and the glamour of the whole idea fades away and you realize just all the things you should have done before you had the baby. Please think about it. I wish you luck in which ever decision you make and if you ever need any advice or anyone to talk to please keep in touch!
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....