Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Anxious And Need Some Girlfriend Advice!!!

Hi ladies,
i need some experitise. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for two years now. I was supposed to get af on oct 9th, well it came two days late on the 11th, it lasted 1.5 days and then stopped. Almost immediatley I started getting constant headaches, backaches, frequent urination, mild constant cramps, and my breasts are a little swollen. I took a hpt on the 17th ( 5 days after af ended) and it came back negative, I took another one on the 21st and it also came back negative. Has anyone ever had two false negatives and found out they were pregnant. I'm not sure if I had implantation bleeding and cramps or maybe i'm building this all up in my head. I could really use some advice.Driving myself crazy Rolling Eyes

sparkletots
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 22nd, 2003
Un Sure!!
Hey, I was interest to read your post. For as long as I have studied medicine I have never seen a woman come in to the clinic that I work at and have a pregnancy test and it come back negative and for her to still find out that she is pregnant.
If anyone else has a point of view on this I would be interested to hear what they have to say.
Goodluck and godbless
|

Anxious And Need Some Girlfriend Advice!!
I took two home pregnancy tests, and i've heard that they are not always accurate, and i've been feeling a little...Off. I'm just confused and anxious.
|

Oh Yeah It Can Happen
I had to take 5 home pregnancy test for one to come back positive. I did 4 of the expensive ( thought was better ) home pregnancy test after my missed period I just knew I was pregnant. And finally when I was 2 and a half weeks late I got a positive result on a 3 dollar test. Id recommend having a blood test done I hear their more reliable to find out if youre pregnant.
|

I took three pregnancy tests at a clinic before one came up positive and then they told me I was 3 months pregnant. I took one like every two weeks. I have read somewhere that it could be how your hormones react to hormones in the pregnancy test. Some people just dont react right away I guess. Hope that helps a little
|

Oh also my sister had a blood test done and it came out negative, about two weeks later she gave up on the thought of being pregnant and went in to get birth control the tested her again (urine test, her 2-3 in a couple months) and it came up positive. She was also about three months pregnant. So I guess nothing is fool proof yet. Wink
|

Thanks! I woke up this morning feeling like I was going to throw up...But didn't, maybe its just nerves. I think i'm going to take another test on the 27th, and if that comes out negative i'm definitly going in for a blood test. Confused
|

Hey sparkletot...You and I have a bit in common. I'm going through the same problem right now. I've tested twice and they've both come back negative and i'm 11 days late for my period. I too am experiencing pregnancy-like symptoms. Will you keep me informed of how things are going or what you're deciding to do? ..And vice versa! It might help us both out and end this guessing game!! I sure hope i'm not 3 months along before I find out
|

Sure thing aclady! I feel like my breasts are growing by the minute. I'll keep you informed of any new symptoms I might have. Maybe i'm just crazy, I sure feel like it. Keep me up to date with any news on your possible pregnancy, it's nice to know i'm not the only one.
|

Your Diffentlly Not Alone!
I wanted to let you know that I have those same symtoms every month since we decided to get pregnant. It's been 1 1/2 years and still nothing. I know I create all of them. Headaches, backaches, nausea, sore breasts, all of it. And just when I have finally convinced myself i'm pregnant, my period starts. It's like being on a emotional roller coaster you can't get off. I hear what you both are saying and I wish you both luck. Maybe one of these days we'll all have what we've been asking for. Take care and god bless you both.
Cin
|

replied October 23rd, 2003
Negative Results
With my third pregnancy I have to take five tests before I got a positive, maybe I just took them too early, sometimes I think with different pregnancies you may have lower hcg levels than others and you may have to wait a couple more weeks. I hope it works out for you! Good luck!
|

replied October 23rd, 2003
Thanks everyone, you're giving me a lot to think about. You guys are great!
|

replied October 31st, 2003
Was - Now +
Hi I just wanted to let you know that it took my partner and I 7 months of trying before I conceived and I was tested at a clinic when there had been 37 days since the last day of my last period, I continued to have symptoms and then I did a home test (clearblue) on day 42 and it was positive. I am approximatley 6 weeks. I guess it all depends on your hormone levels
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....