For all that dont know my name is kristy and I am 19 engaged and I am ttc. I have been with my fiance for almost 2 years now and I am trying so badly to have a baby. I am ready I know fiancially and physically I cant support my child and my fiance is great he wants to have a baby just as badly as I do.. Well I have been trying for a while now I have sex on a regular basis I take my vitamins folic acid I dont do drugs or drink trying to take every precaution I can.. I just want to know if there is anything else that I can do to help me out.. I need all the advice I can get I am supposed to start my period on the 11th and normally I get cramps and stuff by now but I havent the only thing is, is that I have been grumpy which is normal for my period.. I normally have alot of discharge before I start my period but latley I havent really had any.. I need some advice please thanks kristy.... Sorry so long
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Re: I Need Advice...
kristynchase wrote:
for all that dont know my name is kristy and I am 19 engaged and I am ttc. I have been with my fiance for almost 2 years now and I am trying so badly to have a baby. I am ready I know fiancially and physically I cant support my child and my fiance is great he wants to have a baby just as badly as I do.. Well I have been trying for a while now I have sex on a regular basis I take my vitamins folic acid I dont do drugs or drink trying to take every precaution I can.. I just want to know if there is anything else that I can do to help me out.. I need all the advice I can get I am supposed to start my period on the 11th and normally I get cramps and stuff by now but I havent the only thing is, is that I have been grumpy which is normal for my period.. I normally have alot of discharge before I start my period but latley I havent really had any.. I need some advice please thanks kristy.... Sorry so long


it sounds like you're doing everything right. Are you having sex around ovulation. Try to only have sex then, because you'll be exhausted having sex all the time. Also, it may start to feel like a chore/job and cause some tension between you and your man. I don't know, i've never ttc. I hope you get pregnant soon.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 8th, 2004
Experienced User
Yeah I know it is starting to feel like it is becoming a job can you help me I am not exactly sure of when I would be ovulating.. I start my period around the 11th how do you tell when you are.. I know it is like 2 weeks after the 1st day of your period or something right...
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
If you have a regular 28 day cycle it would be around the 14th day of your cylce. If it's not regular it may be harder to tell. You could use nfp. Natural family planning. There is a post about it in the birth control forum by jriegl (sp?). It includes your temp (higher than usual), cervical mucus (would be clear and and you can make strings with it between your fingers, and your cervix (slighty open, low, and soft). It would take a little while to figure out your body and the changes that happen during ovulation. There are also ovulation tests. You can get them in the same section as pregnancy tests. I'm not sure how accurate they are. You should have as much sex as you can (once or twice a day) like 2-3 days before and after you ovulate.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 8th, 2004
Experienced User
Ok so like you said normally when I am ovulation the discharge will be sticky yeah I know tmi... Lol but that is a sign??? Sorry I am just trying to get all of the info I can
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Yes, when you're ovulating your mucus will be clear and stringy. Meaning if you put some in between two of your fingers it will stretch and make strings that don't break.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 8th, 2004
Experienced User
Oh ok thanks... :d
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
l2at24 wrote:
yes, when you're ovulating your mucus will be clear and stringy. Meaning if you put some in between two of your fingers it will stretch and make strings that don't break.


lana, u seem to know a lot about this Smile is it the same when ur pregnant or is there a difference usually? Any ideas?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 8th, 2004
Experienced User
Yes~you can tell when your ovulating by your cervial mucus. It will start of sort of sticky and then by the time your ovulating it will be sort of like egg whites. Just remember to have fun and not to "try" too hard! Lol~ good luck hunny!!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 8th, 2004
Experienced User
Hehe can you try to hard??? Lol I have been trying for almost a year now I dont know what is happening my fiance just got his hernia fixed about 2 months ago I thought maybe that might increase the chances (i was told that by a friend of mine) but I guess not I just hope I dont start my period on the 11th **fingers crossed**
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 8th, 2004
Experienced User
Aww, hunny it will happen!!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
justacanadiangirl wrote:
l2at24 wrote:
yes, when you're ovulating your mucus will be clear and stringy. Meaning if you put some in between two of your fingers it will stretch and make strings that don't break.


lana, u seem to know a lot about this Smile is it the same when ur pregnant or is there a difference usually? Any ideas?


no, it would be similar to your 'normal' discharge. Generally you have more discharge during pregnancy, but not always.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2004
Advanced Support Team
Also have you had a checkup with your doctor to make sure you can concieve. Also you can try an ovulation thing from the store. It will help to let you know when you are ovulating. No you cant try to hard but the harder you try the more upset you will get when your not pregnant. Good luck and take it easy when it is the right time you will see a positive
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2004
Community Volunteer
Yup it 'll happen at the right time. Hubby and I had been having unprotected sex for 3 yrs and when we finally stopped "trying" boom ! I got preggo! Good luck and don't think about it too hard!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Make sure your fiancee does everything right as well. To much heat kills sperm, so it is boxers, not briefs. No hot tub, not to much caffeine or alcohol. If he exercizes and is fit, then the perm production is up as well, so send him out running (plus he will be healthier and not die at age 70, leaving you with 3 cats :d )
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2004
Advanced Support Team
steen wrote:
make sure your fiancee does everything right as well. To much heat kills sperm, so it is boxers, not briefs. No hot tub, not to much caffeine or alcohol. If he exercizes and is fit, then the perm production is up as well, so send him out running (plus he will be healthier and not die at age 70, leaving you with 3 cats :d )



well I can't agree on all of that. Becuz my man like hot tubs he likes his briefs and he likes his drinks plus oh the caffeine. And he is not a runner and we have 3 together and he has 2 by his x.. So that is stereo type
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
l2at24 wrote:
justacanadiangirl wrote:
l2at24 wrote:
yes, when you're ovulating your mucus will be clear and stringy. Meaning if you put some in between two of your fingers it will stretch and make strings that don't break.


lana, u seem to know a lot about this Smile is it the same when ur pregnant or is there a difference usually? Any ideas?


no, it would be similar to your 'normal' discharge. Generally you have more discharge during pregnancy, but not always.


thanks hun Smile glad I could get an answer Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 8th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Good luck kristi!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 8th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Sometimes .N.O.T. Trying as hard, helps make a difference.

Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....