Hello. Sunday night, I took my birth control pill around 11:30pm, then I believe I had a bout of food poisoning because I got very ill and I threw up, probably around 3:00am. Does this mean that I missed my pill and I should have taken one afterwards? I took my monday night pill at 11:30pm as per my routine. I just finished the first week in my pack. Thanks in advance for the input.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 8th, 2004
Experienced User
Hmmm.. They say that if you throw up after a certain amount of time after taking the pill you're ok, but i'm not sure how long that is. You should call your doc.
|

replied December 8th, 2004
Experienced User
You usually digest it within the first hour or two.. So I think you will be ok.. Since you took your pill regurly the next day even if you didn't absorb all the hormones you will still be protected.
|

replied December 9th, 2004
Thank you very much for your feedback
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...