Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Implantation Bleeding (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hope this helps some of you... Smile Wink

implantation bleeding occurs during implantation of the egg cell

it occurs towards the end of the implantation process . The trophoblast is a highly specialized tissue. It develops from the fertilized egg and surrounds the egg. It attaches the egg to the endometrium and as it is continuously growing it invades the endometrium. As it eats its way into the endometrium it pulls the egg into the endometrium. It ( the trophoblast) also invades the mothers blood vessels and divert her blood to cavities inside the trophoblast. These cavities are than filled by maternal blood becoming blood lakes. Most of the lakes are connected. The trophoblast on the outer surface of the egg are thinner and slower growing but also contains cavities that are connected to the deeper cavities. Some of these outer cavities communicate or open into the uterine cavity. Blood that leaks from these cavities are causing implantation bleeding. It occurs shortly before the egg is completely implanted and completely covered with endometrium.

Typical implantation bleeding occurs about four weeks after the last menstrual period. It is usually less and darker than the person's normal menstruation. The diagnosis of typical implantation bleeding is made in retrospect. The duration of the pregnancy is four weeks more than expected, because the last period recorded by the patient was the implantation bleeding and not her last menstruation.

Implantation bleeding has no adverse effects on a pregnancy.

Some experts doubt the existence of implantation bleeding . If you search for "implantation bleeding" you will come across sites that doubt if it ever occurs. The fact however remains that some women ( we estimate about 1%-2%) has a bleeding about 4 weeks after the last menstrual period with a pregnancy duration 4 weeks longer than expected.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 7th, 2004
Advanced Support Team
You cheated you cheated .. You copy and pasted lol
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I know u said it is normally less and darker then when u have ur period, but what about a lighter color, like pink? Cuz a while ago I thought I was getting my period, but it was soooo much lighter flow than normal, and it was pinkish...It only lasted for about a day and a half...If even that long... But yeah, I was just curious. Smile thanks
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Yes, it can be pink too. As long as its not bright red and flowing like a period and also there are no cramps. I had this damn thing twice in this preg. Scared the poop out of me. Thought iwas miscarrying. But nope. Baby was finishing its settling process. .L.O.L.
|

tazzy d wrote:
you cheated you cheated .. You copy and pasted lol

yeah, I did :sigh: .L.M.A.O.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
nikki n rudy wrote:
yes, it can be pink too. As long as its not bright red and flowing like a period and also there are no cramps. I had this damn thing twice in this preg. Scared the poop out of me. Thought iwas miscarrying. But nope. Baby was finishing its settling process. .L.O.L.

u can have it twice? Well that's starting to sound more and more like me.... Confused Cuz it happened to me just about the time I should have had my first period that I missed (the 7th of nov.) and then again a few weeks after that.... Maybe my body's just screwing with me. Lol
|

Experienced User
I think that i'm going through that also. I am bleeding a brown colored substance. My normal period is heavy and painful. Since the 4th i've been slowly bleeding a dark brown substance with no pain at all.Something isn't normal. Any opinions?
|

Experienced User
I had bleeding two days before my period was due last week.....It was brown and extremely light.....I just found out two day ago I am pregnant so i'm taking it that the brown stuff was implantation bleeding! Hope that helps anyone!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I really hope my body isn't just screwing with me.... Sad
|

I had it twice in the same trimester, about 2 weeks apart and lasted a day. Its not uncommon for old blood to find its way out. Dont worry. If its brown looking (kind of like dry) and its only when you wipe and not enough to even touch a panty liner. Don't worry. Pinkish in color is ok too. As long as you are not experiencing bright, red, heavy flow and cramping.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
That just makes me wonder even more if i'm pregnant....I can't wait to get home and get my blood test. Then i'll finally know.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
It's sounding more and more like you are pregnant from your posts!!!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Me?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Yep, sorry should have pointed that out!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Lol u think? It's driving me nuts, but the doctor I saw here wouldn't give me a blood test cuz she didn't believe me. By the time I get home and get a blood test I will be about a month and 2 weeks late....U'd think hpts would work by now...Or i'd have my period... I've already missed two.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Missed period that long, pretty clear indication as well as your spot bleeding. Hpt would not necessarily show up. My doc said he had a patient who didnt show up till 11.5 weeks for a blood test!!! I guess it just depends on your own body. But it would be driving me nuts by now if I were in your situation and still getting bloody negatives!!!!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I've taken 6 hpts. (one of the urine tests was at the dr office) and if i'm not pregnant, I wanna know why am I getting cramps (i .N.E.V.E.R got cramps until about 3 weeks ago), why my period's late, why i'm always tired... There are just so many "why"s I wanna have answered. It's driving me nuts.
|

replied December 8th, 2004
Experienced User
justacanadiangirl wrote:
i've taken 6 hpts. (one of the urine tests was at the dr office) and if i'm not pregnant, I wanna know why am I getting cramps (i .N.E.V.E.R got cramps until about 3 weeks ago), why my period's late, why i'm always tired... There are just so many "why"s I wanna have answered. It's driving me nuts.

haha i'm with you on that. I'm waiting for my blood test results still and i'm going nuts! I've now officially missed my 3rd period. We can go nuts together lol
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
girlstar wrote:
justacanadiangirl wrote:
i've taken 6 hpts. (one of the urine tests was at the dr office) and if i'm not pregnant, I wanna know why am I getting cramps (i .N.E.V.E.R got cramps until about 3 weeks ago), why my period's late, why i'm always tired... There are just so many "why"s I wanna have answered. It's driving me nuts.

haha i'm with you on that. I'm waiting for my blood test results still and i'm going nuts! I've now officially missed my 3rd period. We can go nuts together lol

i'm going crazy waiting for ur results too! Lol only one more week til I can go get my blood test. Smile and then we'll both know! Yay! Lol can't wait!
|

Experienced User
justacanadiangirl wrote:
girlstar wrote:
justacanadiangirl wrote:

i'm going crazy waiting for ur results too! Lol only one more week til I can go get my blood test. Smile and then we'll both know! Yay! Lol can't wait!

haha i'm going crazy waiting for yours too! Well, hopefully one more week til we both know.. But if I don't know by next week.. I'm going to freak Shocked
|