Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety And Strange Skin Sensations....

Does anyone ever feel like their skin is burning.... Like a deep sunburn on your arms or face? I get muscle twitches all over as well.

I have been experiencing this everyday for months and my drs. Think it's anxiety. I seem to be hooked on worrying about a few other things but, for right now we are treating the anxiety and hopefully the symptoms will go away.

Thanks so much!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 25th, 2003
Skin Sensations
Hi there, Smile
my name is leah swan. My best friend and I have started up a support group for anxiety sufferers. The symptoms you descibe sound very similiar to ours. If you wish to talk to us and compare notes our address is listed below. We are not professionals just two mothers who have found there are no support groups available for us so decided to create our own.
Maybe you wish to read our profiles. Or know of someone who could benefit from a little support.

take care, :d
leah & michelle.
|

replied September 9th, 2004
Strange Skin Sensations
My name is dawn. I just read about the symptoms you are having in your skin. It sounds like what I am having too. It started about 3 years ago above my left thumb and now it is both of my arms. I have never had it diagnosed yet. I would like to discuss this more. I do have anxiety and panic attacks. I never thought it could be related to that. I am a new member and don't really know how to navigate around here yet. Help? Sad
|

replied September 9th, 2004
Hi! My name is karissa and i'm new to this sight also. I don't have skin sensations like you do but last year I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder and depression. I talked to my doctor and she prescribed me to paxil. That worked pretty well but some time later I felt the same problems so she prescribed me to welbutrin as well. I take welbutrin and 30 g. Of paxil every morning now and I feel better than I have ever felt before. I find it much easier to talk to people and I don't stress and worry about the things I used to. I don't know if this has helped you at all but I hope it gave you some ideas. :d
|

replied September 10th, 2004
Ebook
Hi all, vanesssa I finally got a hold of the ebook. It does have good info...Thanks for the lead...I will be reading it tonight...Dawn
|

replied September 16th, 2004
There Is Not Such Thing As Anxiety
It's just a progressive systemic vascular and organic change
due to abnormal heart and arterial growth. Your lungs and arteries
got fibrotic, the arteries don't pulsate the ways they should and
your heart is damaged as after a heart attack even if you didn't
experience such thing even close. Unfortunately, you will not
be lucky to have one.
|

replied September 16th, 2004
There Is No Such Thing As Anxiety - Huh
Hi there, I have just read your post about there being no such thing as anxiety and I would be interested to know why you think this?

The symptoms you describe are what happens during an attack but these things need triggers. Anxiety has been medically proven and that is the reason why I would like to hear your views.

Do not take my reply to you the wrong way as everybody has different views etc on things and when shared sometimes remedies can be found that are more effective than any given by medical professionals.

Look forward to hearing from you. Smile
|

replied September 24th, 2004
Experienced User
Omg that is what happens to me whenever im having an anxiety attack. It has to be the worst feeling in the world dont worry your not alone and there are many support groups to help deal with this including this one so good luck :d
|

replied July 20th, 2005
Experienced User
Ya it feels like there's a dam spider crawling on my arm
|

replied July 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
I heve tingling in my legs and definatly muscle twitches. They used to really scare me. But now they don't really bother me. I get a little panicky at first but then I tell myself it happens all the time and nothings happened before.
|

replied July 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
Your fine. Its just your always ervous nand stressed out, your nerves are a wreck
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....