My signs:

* major mood swings and personality changes

* worring a lot

* will get upset or angry and sometimes act out of control due to this.

Please help Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 6th, 2004
Dear I'm Bi-polar
I've been dx with this mental illnes 10yrs. Ago. I don't know how much you know beyond your symptoms, about this mental illness. It's such a secret alot of people live with because the world doesn't seem to accept it as such "an illness", just like diabetes or ms or anyother illness that no one asks for. There are medications than can and will help you, and I do suggest you look for a support group in your area, and this forum will also help. Have you been officially dx with this disorder, and if so how are your meds working. I was on litium at one point along with an antidepresent. This combination worked just okay for me, but then I started val poric acid along with my antidepresent zoloft, and every since this change (the litium wasn't being processed by me properly)(some people don't do well on this med.) things have been much better. I still have my "highs & lows" but it's on a more manageable scale. I only work part-time and this takes away alot of pressure. I live my live spontaneously (as I can predict my days, but only for about a week at a time). When I get irritable, I have (with the aid of alot of reading, support groups,and counselling at the beginning) keep quiet and simply let my partner know that I just want to be alone. (we've been together for 14yrs. And married for 10yrs.) he knows me very well, and knows when i'm in a particular mood. I think any person can become argumentative and verbally abusive to anyone close to them, not just us "bi-polars", but to me that's an excuse I choose not to comply to. Learn to understand your swings, and what may trigger them. For me certain times of the year. Eg: spring I go crazy--i love to work out and spend money. So I make a schedule and give my credit cards to my husband, and fall I can become blue, so I indulge in light therapy. Be strong--this isn't the end of your life-just a different road. You are more sensitive, and you live your emotions, which is okay, but learn how to control them with meds, and understanding.--good luck
|

replied December 7th, 2004
I Dont Know.....
I feel as if I am alone and no one cares, I get hurt, angry or upset easily. It feels as if everyone is out to get me. I dont know if I am bipolar..My dad has been diagnosed and I act like him at times.!! Embarassed
|

replied December 7th, 2004
Danygirl
Don't give up on yourself!! Just because your father has been dx with this illness, doesn't necessarily mean that this is what is going on with you. There are so may reasons why you could be feeling the way you do, not to mention all the stressors that are out there today. Being a teen is very difficult today. (assuming that you are??) I think it's pretty normal to feel overwhelmed in life at times. You have to decided if it's starting to interfere with normal daily life, job, school whatever point you are at. I'm sure your local hospital will have a crisis line that you could call to have someone right there to talk with when you feel so down. I think it would be a good idea to speak with your family md (hoping you are comfortable,if not the crisis line could help there) and be referred to a counsellor to talk with. This doesn't mean you are crazy either. If anything you are more ap to deal with your situation, as the first step is to ask for help--and I believe that by writting your letters here in this forum, you've already made the first step. Don't be alone anymore, make that call and let me know how things turn out. You are not alone !!!!
|

replied December 8th, 2004
Bad Childhood....
I am 19 and have a 6 month old son... I never talk to my dad because he is a druggie and a sex offender. I have had a hard childhood. My mom doesnt really like me. ( she let me be homeless at 7 months pregnant) eventhough I was legally 18 she wanted me out of the house immediatley. She has always been this way to me and calls it "tough love" well that is to me, just down right cruel. Now she wants to come around and see her grandson, she says she is sorry but I dont believe that its genuine. My fiance (boyfriend of 2 years) says that my mom just wants to see the baby, and I shouldnt let her see him. I have a couple of times, but felt like she didnt care about me.... Crying or Very sad maybe thats why I get irate, angry, and upset. Because of my past? What should I do about my mom?
|

replied April 3rd, 2012
im unsure
i have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder i also cant connect with an emotion other then anger but i still have the manic mood swings i get vilent i punch walls and the ground. i have broken my hand a few times my meds dont work. and the phych stopped helping. both of them im only 16 and its getting worse i lose control more often and i have almost hit my mom who is half my size but if i hit someone it becomes worse idk wat to do. also when im not angry im cold and uncaring cant make a connection any more and stopped feeling and understanding love.
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...