My family was recently in a car accident and both of my daughters received head trauma. As a precaution mt pediatrician did Cat scans on both of the girls. He called yesterday morning to say that a mass was found on the front lobe of my 8 year old daughters brain and that yhis was completly unrelated to the accident. The doctor brought my husband and I intp his office and drew us pictures of were the mass was and telling us the size and his concern. He then set up a stat MRI sating that this test would tell us if the mass was inside or outside of the brain and is trying to get her into see one of the best nuerosurgeons in our area. I took my daughter for her MRI and everything went fine during the first part, they were suppose tp then inject her with contrast and do a second MRI series. They came to me and said that they found what they needed and we didn't have to go through the second part with the contrast. I was of course relieved that me child didn't have to be hurt with needles. Then later on in the day I talk to the doctor on call and she tells me that the MRI showed just a brain variance and it was normal. What test do I believe? It is a Sat. evening and I can not contact the regular doctor and I am very worried. Should I ask for more tests. I am worrying myself sick over this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 2nd, 2003
Experienced User
Sorry to hear that.
Yeah, if I were you I'd surely get more opinions. Ya know, that is a tough condition to diagnose. It should be expected to receive such lag from doctors in that sort of case. I realize that the more doctor visits, the more money is wasted, but I can't think of anything else you could do.

I wish you luck, and I'll remember your family in my prayers.

Patrick
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Srinivas Singaram
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile