What are the chances each mounth of getting perg? When is the best time to try? Ive been trying to get preg for 2 mounths and im still on my period I dont get it. Could I be preg and still have my period? Any help would be great. Thanks

aertic
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 2nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I read that there is a 25% likelyhood of a couple getting pregnant their first month trying. Some ppl take longer. The best time is to try when you are ovulating, which is generally 2 weeks after your period.
|

replied December 4th, 2004
Experienced User
Aertic, ive been tryin 2 months +, and still nothing! It ,makes you wonder about very thing that could link you to being prg doesnt it! I think im going mad.Lol
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2004
Community Volunteer
sarahsweet wrote:
the best time is to try when you are ovulating, which is generally 2 weeks after your period.

two weeks before, not after - usually works out about the same but if you have a cycle that is much off from 28 days you need to know your cycle length and 14 days before is a good average of your ovulation.
You can also buy ovulation tests to check or you can look at charting - when you keep a track of your temp and cervical mucus and when your temp rises and mucus changes you are fertile but that takes commitment and practise.

Also having sex everyday can lower your chances - go for every other day as this allows him to build his sperm reserves back up again.
Start around day 10 then every other day until well...............
Eggs are viable for approx 36 hours, sperm can live in your body at your fertile time up to 5 days - I can be sure of 3 days as I got pregnant 3 days after we had sex!!!!!!!!!!
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....