Hi guys,
my husband has a problem with his stomach. He is very sensitive when it comes to food and is intolerant to lactose. The problem started since the last eight months when he started diarrhoeting after any spicy food consumption(the stool is not very watery though). Also he started developing dry mouth. He has lost body weight too by some 4,5 pounds. He used to smoke and was lately under a lot of stress. Now we doubt an ulcer developing. Does any one have any suggestions...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 4th, 2004
Experienced User
It doesn't sound like an ulcer to me either.. Have you seen a doctor? I would go to a gastroenterologist seeing that it's been going on for awhile. This is obviously more than lactose intolerance if spicy foods are giving him such a problem. I would worry more that it just started. For instance i've always been this way.. I can't eat spicy foods or very much dairy.. But I haven't most of my life so I have learned to live with it. Something has come on though for this to be occuring recently. It may be that he has developed some sort of bacteria in his digestive system that won't clear itself up.. But I would defenitely go to a professional.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...