Okay, I am 15 years old and i'm a guy. My hair is seems to be naturally oil-ly and has no end in the amount of flakes.

I've had dandruff/flake issues since I was probably 10-11. I have tried many things to get rid of it. I shower daily of course, and yet using dandruff treatment shampoos has not worked yet.

The flake problems escalate during the winter months. But, throughout the year I can literally stand over a sink and "finger" or "rub" through my hair for 15 minutes and see flakes and a few hairs fall out. It seems that this flake problem is also causing my scalp to itch really badly when sweating (from playing sports).

What would anyone suggest?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 5th, 2004
I feel your pain bro. I have, or had serious dandruff problem as well. I am 18, but since I was like maybe 14, I have had dandruff problems as well. My hair would itch like crazy when I played sports and sweated. Anyways, the way I cured this is by rubbing in lime juice from a lime, not the lime juice that comes in a bottle. Rub it in your head real good. It should burn, but don't worry. Then after you rub it in, wait at least 30 minutes. Repeat this daily, or every other day, and you should see results. Also, use "selsun blue" dandruff shampoo with it.. Hope this helps bro.
By the way, take a shower after 30 minutes. Lol.
|

replied December 29th, 2005
Dandruff
There is a product called nizoral 2% (the 1% worked great for me after a few shampoos). Use it. It works unlike selsun blue or head and shoulders. Just follow the directions.
|
Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....