Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Protection From Hiv - Women's Choice

The rates of women being infected by .H.I.V. And developing a case of .A.I.D.S., has been increasing dramatically for the last 3 years.
At this rate of growth, the infection rate of women with .A.I.D.S. Will soon be the same as the guys.

What can we do to protect ourselves?

Remember in almost all cases, women are infected either from drug use (such as sharing needles) or from sex with guys.
It doesn't usually happen the first time you have sex, but every time you have sex with a high risk guy, it is like playing russian roulette.
Everybody wants to have sex with someone nice, but if you want to be safe, don't have sex with any of the following groups of men.
Unless, of course you are in a committed relationship and you know that you can trust the guy.

Guys to avoid.
1. I.V. Drug users
2. Gay or bisexual guys
3. Foreigners from a country that has an hiv/aids problem
4. Guys who are are unwilling or unable to perform sexually with a condom.
5. Guys into risky sexual practices like anal sex or rough sex.
6. Guys who are infected or have been infected with other sexually transmitted or venereal diseases in the past.
7. Guys who are not circumcised
8. Guys who have been in prision more than a couple of months.
9. Black guys

.There is some overlap, so when you add everyone up, these high risk guys only make up 16% of the available guy population.
By avoiding sex with these guys, you can reduce your chance contracting hiv/aids by 99.5%. Let me know if you want more statistics.

It still leaves about 84% of the guys, as pretty safe to date.

It's your choice. You have the information. Use it wisely.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Re: Paulv
Muthoni wrote:
If you have nothing intelligent to say, STFU!

Always
Muthoni (Mson)
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Tell 'em,Mson...I though the same thing! Rolling Eyes
paulv, as a gay man I can tell you that we don't have sex with women or straight men and also you are very arrogant and uninformed and ignorant. So STFU...you don't sound like such a prize yourself.. Rolling Eyes What a crappy post you posted...very very weird...I think you may want to visit the Mental health forums and hopefully you can quit hating and learn to love and accept other people and there lifestyles... Mad You are a racist...black guys? You are a homophobic bigot....gay and bi guys? That list you came up with was WAY off base and totally racist and homophobic and ignorant and just plane mean and cruel..I cant find the words to tell you how annoyed I am by you. You should be ashamed for spreading lies and incorrect information.
Your list of guys to avoid...OMG! A joke..
Guys to avoid.
1. I.V. Drug users- well duh
2. Gay or bisexual guys- no more risky than straights
3. Foreigners from a country that has an hiv/aids problem-that would be the entire planet
4. Guys who are are unwilling or unable to perform sexually with a condom. that would be because they were having to perform with you
5. Guys into risky sexual practices like anal sex or rough sex. not....a rubber works with anal sex as well as rough sex
6. Guys who are infected or have been infected with other sexually transmitted or venereal diseases in the past. Not a risk
7. Guys who are not circumcised- very slim difference
8. Guys who have been in prision more than a couple of months. what the ...a day or 20 years, no difference
9. Black guys -thats just plane racist

Your "facts" are nothing more than myths and thats how rumors get started and hate spreads, from egomaniacs like you. Straight men, which I assume you are, who go on and on like that have issues ans something to hide...get real with yourself,buddy or lady or whatever the hell you are. Your talking out you ass.
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Re: Homerx.
Muthoni wrote:
It bugs me when somebody sits down to write such a message. You know? Even if we moved the people he mentioned to another planet, HIV/AIDS would still be around.

There but mbae the grace of God goes I. You know?

Many people in places that have HIV/AIDS in plenty, has people without the virus. Many working men and women are drug addicts. They cover it well. How will you tell the difference between that addict and the obvious one?

Very shallow thinker this Paulv.

You've never seen me mad Homerx.

xoxo
Mson.
I agree completely,Mson...Mad as hell about that stupid idiotic post..what a lier and spreader of hate and false information!!! Dont let her or him upset you, she or he is just a uninformed know it all who doesn't KNOW squat!!! Mad Rolling Eyes Geezzzz, just what I needed, this kind of ignorance to end my day.. Embarassed
|

replied July 14th, 2008
Supporter
???
why would someone be so arrogant and say something like that? Those aren't even facts its just random statistics! I completely agree with your point of view on this homerx.
|
Users who thank unknown88 for this post: homerx 
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....