Does anyone know how much a percentage of a vitamin it is safe to take a day?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 27th, 2003
Experienced User
does anyone know?
I think it depends on the vitamin.

If it's really important, it should already be on the label. If not, then gradually take your desired amount until you feel a difference. That's what I do.
|

replied July 30th, 2003
Experienced User
as patrick said, it totally depends on the vitamin, but it also depends if an individual is a male or female, and is also dependant on age. if an individual is an athlete (Ie. bodybuilder, soccer player, hockey, etc) certain vitamins are in higher demand by the body, and therefore that individual may consume higher doses than the average person. the labels on the bottles are usually good indications. if you are ever unsure, check with your pharmacist or doctor. Smile
|

replied August 1st, 2003
Experienced User
liquid vitamins eh?
I'd trust the liquid vitamins. They're no different than the regular stuff. This is the only drawback: with the pill form, you know exactly how much you should take for your daily value, whereas with liquid it's more estimated than exact.

Patrick
|

replied December 31st, 2003
Re: Does Anyone Know?
mookytooky wrote:
does anyone know how much a percentage of a vitamin it is safe to take a day?

hi,

i have precentage chart that I can email you from the better life institute if you want to see what they recommend. They have a web site at Blionline.Com you have to buy the form from them, but I can just email you a pdf of it.

lisa
|

replied March 29th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
There are certain vitamins that you should not take more than the 100% daily value. Iron being one of them. Hopefully the chart that one of the above posts mentioned will help you out a lot. Most vitamins that are taken in excess will simply be flushed out by your body, but some still should not be taken in excess.
|
Quick Reply