Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Getting Pregnant After Being On Birth Control For 7 Years (Page 1)

Hi there,

my husband and I are trying to get pregnant. I have figured out when I ovulate and we have sex every other day from when my period ends to increase our chances. This is the 4th month of being off the pill. (tryphasil). Do you think I could get pregnant this soon or will it take a lot longer for it to get out of my system?

Pls respond.

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I have heard that it takes about 3 months for someone to get pregnant after they get off the pill, but not in my case! I got off the pill and had unprotected sex, then fell pregnant w/in a month after getting off of it! Everyone is different. It helps though if your periods are regular
|

Experienced User
How did you know you were prgnant? Just from having no period? Or did you have symptoms>,,
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yea, I didnt have a period. I knew that I had unprotected sex, and stupid stupid me thought, "oh, I cant get pregnant, the pill is probably still in my system" haha...I learned the hard way. But I felt like I was coming down with the flu...And its almost like you just know it, you just feel like you have never felt before....
|

Experienced User
I guess I will wait a tad longer and if I dont get my period sometime soon I will take a test..
|

Extremely eHealthy
If you are that late you could probably get accurate test results! But do what you wish...You must be patient...Im not! Lol
|

Experienced User
I am running out of patience lol.....Its been since august since I had a period thats a while.. Just doesnt seem to really be because of bc just seems to long....
|

Extremely eHealthy
It really does screw up your system though! Are you wanuing to be pregnant?
|

Experienced User
I dont mind if I do .. You know that feeling of wanting to take a test but not wanting to because your afraid of what the results are going to be? Thats kind of what im going through.. Please dont yell at me... Lol Embarassed
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Hi dreaa, i'm in the same boat as you hun. I've just come off the pill and this is our first month ttc. I have 2 weeks to wait for af, but I know by this time next week i'm going to be pulling my hair out. I've often been told average of falling is 3-6 months after coming off bc, mum took 2 monhts where as my aunty fell straight away....I guess it depends on your body! Good luck!!!
|

Experienced User
I see well thats reasurring.. Lol guess time will tell... :d
|

Extremely eHealthy
Dreaa-im not going to yell at you! Everyone is different. Either way, I hope you get what you are looking for!
|

Experienced User
Lol I was just kidding about yelling part... Laughing
|

Extremely eHealthy
sarahsweet wrote:
dreaa-im not going to yell at you! Everyone is different. Either way, I hope you get what you are looking for!

well, I am! Girl, take your butt and get a test!! Laughing
|

Experienced User
Laughing
|

Extremely eHealthy
Lol...No kidding!
|

Experienced User
Hey hey hey no ganging up on me... Laughing
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I have to agree, you should really test. Especially if it's from august!!! I dont understand how you could have waited this long, it would drive me nuts not knowing.....
|

Extremely eHealthy
Thats what im saying! Test test test!
|

Experienced User
I waited because I figures it was just my body trying to get back to normal since I have been hearing thats its because of going off bc....
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...