Ok, here's my story. About four days ago, I felt horrid - my stomach hurt and made me pretty miserable all day. That night, I started considering heading to the er to get looked over and do not go to doctor's (i'm kinda afraid). Anyhoo, the next morning I woke up and the pain had seemed to centralize to the right of my belly button and down a little and hurt pretty bad when I walked, hit a bump in the road driving, anything. I finished my work for the morning and went to the doctor, and a blood test showed white cell counts were normal, which made my doctor knock out appendicitis or said it might be "early." they sent me to the gynocologist to knock out the possibility of a female problem (which they said it likely wasn't), so i'm scheduled for an ultrasound on monday. Yesterday it was still pretty bad, and although I managed to eat thanksgiving dinner, it actually seemed to make it a little worse. Last night it suddenly felt much better to where moving didn't hurt as bad, and this morning it's the same. If I push on that area, it's still pretty painful, but regular walking is just a little painful (i did attempt to run up the stairs, and that still hurt). I have occasionally felt a little nauseous and kind of tired, but other than that, I feel ok.

Any ideas, anyone?? If it continues to get better over the weekend, i'm thinking of canceling the ultrasound monday, but I don't want to if it seems like something that I need to check on.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 3rd, 2009
PLEASE READ!
Do not cancle the ultra sound, you need to have it looked at anyways because what ever caused the pain my come back. Also keep an eye on the appendicitis because i had the same symtoms exactly. So i went to the docters and they said my white blood cell count was fine and my blood work was fine, but when i described the symptoms (same as yours) they thougth it was appendicitis, went in for surgery and it turns out it was inflamed infeccted and had the risk of erruption! hope this helped. Please see a doctor because un attended appendicitis can kill you if not taken care of.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...