I had a 10cm solid mass ovarian cyst. My tube, cyst and ovary were removed. Thankfully no cancer was present but I dont understand what type of cyst it was. The results said inflamatory cells, no malignancy present.

I recovered pretty quick after the operation, my spots went, the awful tiredness I had for years went and I thought yes a new start but now the tiredness is back along with the spots. I had received medication of my doctor for the spots but no explanation on why they came back or why my tiredness returned.

Any help will be aprreciated on the biospy results, spots and tiredness.

I had my operation in september this year.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 26th, 2004
Experienced User
Im sorry youre not feeling to good ,im also sorry that I cant give you any help on why the spots have come back or the biopsy results, what im responding to your message for is I also have an ovarian cyst which is semi solid and the rest liquid it is benign and I have had it for a year at he last measurement it was 5cm they were going to just leave it but just lately it has started to ache and get on my nerves so now there going to remove it probably along with the ovary cos of how the cyst is attached, any info on what the op involves and what I can expect in recovery would be very much appreciated, ive never had surgery before and am a little scared. I hope you dont mind me asking.
|

Hope This Helps!
I got my operation in september.

I went in on the thursday, had the operation on the friday at 9 am and was home by sunday.

Before surgery it wasnt known if my cyst was benign or not and because of the size of my cyst I had a 3 inch cut between my pubic hair line and tummy button because they wanted a good look round inside me when they removed it. I was terrified the patients on my ward said after I came back from the op I had looked like death before going down for it. I had never had an operation before myself so it was scary not knowing how I would feel after and of course I had this mad idea if I coughed my insides would fly out of my wound!

If I can get threw it anyone can ok so dont worry!!

From research I have done you may get keyhole surgery which involves tiny cuts but if they do suggest a cut like what I got please dont be scared it really isnt that bad I promise.

Guidelines say it takes about 6-8 weeks to recover from this type of operation. When you come home just do what you can and dont push yourself.

You may experience horrible chest pains after your operation, if you do dont panic it will be trapped wind. I wasnt warned about this but out of the whole recovery process I found this the worst part. If you do get these pains ask a nurse for exercise sheets to overcome this. Avoid food that makes you experience wind and salad is also best to avoid.

When you are discharged you will have an out reach nurse who visits you at home (if you are in uk??) also you will have to wear surgical stockings (very sexy) to prevent blood clotting its the last craze in the nhs.

I hope I have helped you if you need any questions answering please ask me or if I have missed something out or you dont understand anything I have said again just ask.

Main point is dont worry. I am the worst person ever for getting injections, going to hosptial, the thought of all of this terrifies me but I got threw it and now the operation even tho its only 2 months ago its forgoten about. I can honestly say I would sooner have an operation than a blood test any day, I hate blood tests, I shut my eyes tight shut till they have finished.

Take care & I wish you all the best of luck with your operation!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I have hem too but never had a problem with them
|

replied November 27th, 2004
Experienced User
Thankyou very much you have helped put my mind at rest a bit, I hope everything carries on going ok for you and I will let you know how it went when ive had my op.
|

replied December 1st, 2004
Experienced User
Hi sorry to bother you again but could you tell me how soon after your op and while you were still in hospital you were able to get out of bed and walk about and did you have a catheter fitted(sorry if spelling is wrong) or any wound drains or anything like that. The reason I ask is as well as being nervous about the surgery and not knowing what comes after it I also have a severly disabled 20 year old son who I am going to find it difficult to get anyone to look after him so I need to know how long I may take to getting back to him. Thanx in advance for your help
|

replied December 6th, 2004
Experienced User
I had ovarian cysts tha had ruptured and I had to get surgery right away because I was hemmoridging.
|

replied January 4th, 2005
Experienced User
Hi nutty nut I noticed u havent been on for a while is everything ok with u
|
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....